Besiege Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- harass, as with questions or requests; "The press photographers besieged the movie star"
- surround so as to force to give up; "The Turks besieged Vienna"
- cause to feel distressed or worried; "She was besieged by so many problems that she got discouraged"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Besiege'?
Words and phrases related to 'Besiege'
Besiege Sample Sentences in News
- Half-Life 3 crowdfunding campaign will hire Gabe Newell doppelgangers to 'besiege' Valve HQ
Fans of the Half-Life series have taken to crowdfunding website IndieGoGo in an attempt to reach $150,000 which will be used as incentive for Valve to finish development on Half-Life 3 by attempting to "besiege" Valve headquarters and hiring Gabe Newell doppelgangers. The elaborate campaign is headed by marketing firm employees Chris Salem and Kyle Mazz Read more on this news related to 'Besiege'
- IS jihadists again besiege Iraq's Mount Sinjar
The Islamic State jihadist group has again surrounded Mount Sinjar in northern Iraq, where it trapped thousands of civilians this summer, commanders in the area said Wednesday. The civilians, mostly members of the Yazidi religious minority, eventually escaped via Syria with the help of Kurdish fighters from Iraq's neighbour to the west, but that route has now Read more on this news related to 'Besiege'
- Jihadists again besiege Iraq’s Mount Sinjar
IRBIL, IRAQ – The Islamic State jihadist group has again surrounded Mount Sinjar in northern Iraq, where it trapped thousands of civilians this summer, commanders in the area said Wednesday. Read more on this news related to 'Besiege'