Besiege Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- harass, as with questions or requests; "The press photographers besieged the movie star"
- surround so as to force to give up; "The Turks besieged Vienna"
- cause to feel distressed or worried; "She was besieged by so many problems that she got discouraged"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Besiege'?
Words and phrases related to 'Besiege'
Besiege Sample Sentences in News
- Wildfires besiege Northern California, forcing thousands to flee
Drought-dried conditions, high temperatures and gusty winds have helped fuel the fires. Read more on this news related to 'Besiege'
- Islamic fighters besiege Nigerian city: Senator
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (AP) — Thousands of Nigerians are fleeing a northeastern city amid conflicting reports that it has been seized by Boko Haram Islamic extremists, a federal senator said Tuesday. Read more on this news related to 'Besiege'
- Kurdish leader urges world to protect Syrian town from Islamic State
* Syrian Kurds fleeing Islamic State advance * Islamist militants besiege city on Turkish border * Turkey pushing for foreign-patrolled "buffer zone" * Attack prompts call to arms for Turkey's Kurds (Adds Kurdish forces withdrawing from villages) By Seyhmus Cakan DIKMETAS, Turkey, Sept 19 (Reuters) - Iraqi Kurdish leader Masoud Barzani called on Frid Read more on this news related to 'Besiege'