Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Bellowed'
Bellowed Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Bellow \Bel"low\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Bellowed; p. pr. & vb.
n. Bellowing.] [OE. belwen, belowen, AS. bylgean, fr.
bellan; akin to G. bellen, and perh. to L. flere to weep,
OSlav. bleja to bleat, Lith. balsas voice. Cf. Bell, n. &
v., Bawl, Bull.]
- To make a hollow, loud noise, as an enraged bull.
- To bowl; to vociferate; to clamor. --Dryden.
- To roar; as the sea in a tempest, or as the wind when violent; to make a loud, hollow, continued sound. The bellowing voice of boiling seas. --Dryden.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bellowed'
Words and phrases related to 'Bellowed'
Bellowed Sample Sentences in News
- Babes Return to RCW Dec. 7
The Accordion Babes are back to saunter, sway, and squeeze their many bellowed songs into your heart. The show features several babes from their famous pin-up calendar, now in its sixth year. Read more on this news related to 'Bellowed'
- Prince William Rocks Out With Jon Bon Jovi
Prince William stunned guests at the Winter Whites Gala at Kensington Palace last night when he performed a duet with Jon Bon Jovi. Along with pop star Taylor Swift, the Duke leant in to the mic and bellowed the chorus to Bon Jovi's hit Livin' On A Prayer. William became the real life Prince of Pop after the US rock star invited him on stage half-way throu Read more on this news related to 'Bellowed'
- Gazette readers' birthdays, Nov. 16
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. — Rampage Jackson scowled, howled, then bellowed to the crowd: “I’m back! I’m back!” With rebuilt knees and a new promotion, Jackson might have one more act left in MMA. Read more on this news related to 'Bellowed'