Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Bellowed'
Bellowed Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Bellow \Bel"low\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Bellowed; p. pr. & vb.
n. Bellowing.] [OE. belwen, belowen, AS. bylgean, fr.
bellan; akin to G. bellen, and perh. to L. flere to weep,
OSlav. bleja to bleat, Lith. balsas voice. Cf. Bell, n. &
v., Bawl, Bull.]
- To make a hollow, loud noise, as an enraged bull.
- To bowl; to vociferate; to clamor. --Dryden.
- To roar; as the sea in a tempest, or as the wind when violent; to make a loud, hollow, continued sound. The bellowing voice of boiling seas. --Dryden.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bellowed'
Words and phrases related to 'Bellowed'
Bellowed Sample Sentences in News
- No Age Stay True to Their Off-Kilter Punk Muse on Defiant 'No Ground'
No Age wanna know: "Who do you think you are?!" That question is the first lyric from the Los Angeles duo's August 20 Sub Pop album An Object , bellowed over hard-charging shimmer on just-unveiled "No Ground... Read more on this news related to 'Bellowed'
- TORONTO — Several hundred protesters gathered outside Toronto city hall bellowed chants, held placards and scratched ...
CONSTABLES STUART McCULLEY and Brad Benjamin have barely left their midnight briefing at police headquarters when they smell weed. They are one of three pairs of uniformed officers from Halifax Regional Police walking the downtown bar beat from... Read more on this news related to 'Bellowed'
- EL RENO, Okla. — As the U.S. East Coast braced for the possibility of severe storms Sunday, the all-too-familiar task ...
TORONTO — Several hundred protesters gathered outside Toronto city hall bellowed chants, held placards and scratched out messages using sticks of chalk Saturday as they made their case for Mayor Rob Ford to resign in the wake of an alleged... Read more on this news related to 'Bellowed'