Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Bellowed'
Bellowed Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Bellow \Bel"low\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Bellowed; p. pr. & vb.
n. Bellowing.] [OE. belwen, belowen, AS. bylgean, fr.
bellan; akin to G. bellen, and perh. to L. flere to weep,
OSlav. bleja to bleat, Lith. balsas voice. Cf. Bell, n. &
v., Bawl, Bull.]
- To make a hollow, loud noise, as an enraged bull.
- To bowl; to vociferate; to clamor. --Dryden.
- To roar; as the sea in a tempest, or as the wind when violent; to make a loud, hollow, continued sound. The bellowing voice of boiling seas. --Dryden.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bellowed'
Words and phrases related to 'Bellowed'
Bellowed Sample Sentences in News
- Accused cop shooter’s sister says ‘f—k off’ to judge
The sister of a Brooklyn man accused of shooting four cops had to be handcuffed in court Tuesday after she bellowed. “F–k you!” at the judge presiding over her brother’s... Read more on this news related to 'Bellowed'
- Oh, Snap! Slim Jim Brings Back Famous Old Tagline, With a Modern Twist
IDEA : It's been two decades since "Macho Man" Randy Savage bellowed at young men to "Snap into a Slim Jim." Many in the current target market for the ConAgra meat sticks (males 18-25, mostly) weren't even born then. Yet the line has staying power—people know it even as the brand has tried to move away from it (most recently in the &q Read more on this news related to 'Bellowed'
- Smoke Bellows Above Gaza City While All US Flights Banned To And From Ben Gurion Airport
Smoke and fire bellowed over Gaza on Tuesday as the Israeli military pummeled myriad locations in the beleaguered Strip, the IDF focusing much of their ordinance along the city's coastal areas. On Tuesday, a rocket from Gaza landed close to Israel’s international airport , an attack that led Delta Airlines to cancel all flights to Israel until further notice Read more on this news related to 'Bellowed'