Beatitude Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- one of the eight sayings of Jesus at the beginning of the Sermon on the Mount; in Latin each saying begins with `beatus'' (blessed); "her favorite Beatitude is `Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth''"
- a state of supreme happiness
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a state of supreme happiness ,
- one of the eight sayings of Jesus at the beginning of the Sermon on the Mount; in Latin each saying begins with `beatus' (blessed); "her favorite Beatitude is `Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth'"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Beatitude'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Beatitude'
- Beatitudes: Luke, and are followed by four woes that mirror the blessings. The term beatitude comes from the Latin noun beātitūdō which means "happiness". In the Vulgate
- Beatitude (album): Beatitude is the debut album released by Ric Ocasek, lead singer and principal songwriter of The Cars. It was released by Geffen Records in 1982. It features
Words and phrases related to 'Beatitude'
Beatitude Sample Sentences in News
- Jerusalem: Patriarch voices concern over Cremisan case
His Beatitude Fouad Twal, the Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem, expressed in a Christmas message sent out through his Vicar in Jerusalem and Palestine, Bishop William Shomali, his concern over a possible Israeli court decision regarding the Cremisan case, in which land belonging to 58 Palestinian Christian families from the city of Beit Jala, north west of Bethlehem, Read more on this news related to 'Beatitude'
- Holy Land: Christmas Message of His Beatitude Fouad Twal 2014
His Beatitude Fouad Twal gave his Christmas message through his Vicar in Jerusalem and Palestine, Bishop William Shomali, during a press conference held on Thursday at Terra Santa College. The day also marked the inaugurate of the new Christian Media Center (CMC)....'The celebration of the Birth of Jesus promises mercy, love, and peace to countless people in t Read more on this news related to 'Beatitude'
- Readout of the Deputy Secretary-General's meeting with His Beatitude John X, Patriarch of the Greek-Orthodox ...
The Deputy Secretary-General, Jan Eliasson, today met with His Beatitude John X, Patriarch of the Greek-Orthodox Patriarchate of Antioch and all the East. The Deputy Secretary-General expressed his compassion for the suffering of all of the Syrian people and for the predicament faced by the Christian community. Read more on this news related to 'Beatitude'