Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Beatifying'
Beatifying Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Beatify \Be*at"i*fy\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Beatified (?); p.
pr. & vb. n. Beatifying.] [L. beatificare; beatus happy
(fr. beare to bless, akin to bonus good) + facere to make:
cf. F. b['e]atifier. See Bounty.]
- To pronounce or regard as happy, or supremely blessed, or as conferring happiness. The common conceits and phrases that beatify wealth. --Barrow.
- To make happy; to bless with the completion of celestial enjoyment. ``Beatified spirits.'' --Dryden.
- (R. C. Ch.) To ascertain and declare, by a public process and decree, that a deceased person is one of ``the blessed'' and is to be reverenced as such, though not canonized.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Beatifying'
Words and phrases related to 'Beatifying'
Beatifying Sample Sentences in News
- No current Beatifying news