Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Beatifying'
Beatifying Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Beatify \Be*at"i*fy\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Beatified (?); p.
pr. & vb. n. Beatifying.] [L. beatificare; beatus happy
(fr. beare to bless, akin to bonus good) + facere to make:
cf. F. b['e]atifier. See Bounty.]
- To pronounce or regard as happy, or supremely blessed, or as conferring happiness. The common conceits and phrases that beatify wealth. --Barrow.
- To make happy; to bless with the completion of celestial enjoyment. ``Beatified spirits.'' --Dryden.
- (R. C. Ch.) To ascertain and declare, by a public process and decree, that a deceased person is one of ``the blessed'' and is to be reverenced as such, though not canonized.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Beatifying'
Words and phrases related to 'Beatifying'
Beatifying Sample Sentences in News
- Church starts process of beatifying “miracle” priest killed by Communists
The Roman Catholic Church has begun the process of beatifying a priest who was at the centre of one of the most bizarre and gruesome episodes of the initial phase of communism in Czechoslovakia. After a cross was said to have moved in his village church, Josef Toufar was brutally tortured into confessing to fabricating the “miracle”. However, if he is beatifie Read more on this news related to 'Beatifying'