Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Bazaar'
- a shop where a variety of goods are sold [syn: bazar]
- a street of small shops (especially in Orient) [syn: bazar]
- a sale of miscellany; often for charity; "the church bazaar" [syn: fair]
- Bazaar \Ba*zaar"\ Bazar \Ba*zar"\(b[.a]*z[aum]r"), n. [Per.
- In the East, an exchange, marketplace, or assemblage of shops where goods are exposed for sale.
- A spacious hall or suite of rooms for the sale of goods, as at a fair.
- A fair for the sale of fancy wares, toys, etc., commonly for a charitable objects. --Macaulay.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bazaar'
A bazaar (Persian: بازار, Turkish: pazar, Malay: pasar, Hindi: बाज़ार, Greek: παζάρι (pazari), Cypriot Greek: pantopoula In North America, the term can be used as a synonym for a "rummage sale", to describe charity fundraising events held by churches or other community organizations, in which donated, used goods, such as books, clothes, and household items are sold for low prices, or else the goods may be new and handcrafted (or home-baked), as at a church's Christmas bazaar. The bazaar has been the subject of many books, including: The Persian Bazaar: Veiled Space of Desire (Mage Publications) by Mehdi Khansari and The Morphology of the Persian Bazaar (Agah Publications) by Azita Rajabi.
Rug Bazaar of Tabriz
Rangli bazaar, Tabriz
Entrance to the Bazaar of Isfahan, off of Naqsh-e Jahan Square[See more about Bazaar at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Bazaar'
Bazaar Sample Sentences in News
- Big Bazaar to connect the masses through kabaddi
Future Retail entity Big Bazaar, a leading retailing chain, is aiming to connect the masses through associating the brand with Kabaddi sport, a senior company official has said. “Kabaddi... Read more on this news related to 'Bazaar'
- Polishville News
The annual Polishville Bazaar is set Sunday at the Polishville Community Center. Dinner will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The dinner menu includes grilled chicken breast or grilled pork loin, potatoes, gravy, green beans, Jell-O salad, cake, tea and coffee. There is a cost for the meal. Two raffles are planned. The first raffle consistes of three quilts, one h Read more on this news related to 'Bazaar'
- The New Bazaar: In India, Online Stores Catch On With Buyers
E-commerce in India is attracting buyers in a society where Internet access is increasing, and international investors are starting to take note. Read more on this news related to 'Bazaar'