Bath Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- you soak your body in a bathtub; "he has a good bath every morning"
- a vessel containing liquid in which something is immersed (as to process it or to maintain it at a constant temperature or to lubricate it); "she soaked the etching in an acid bath"
- a room (as in a residence) containing a bath or shower and usually a washbasin and toilet
- a relatively large open container that you fill with water and use to wash the body
- a town in southwestern England on the River Avon; famous for its hot springs and Roman remains
- an ancient Hebrew liquid measure equal to about 10 gallons
- clean one''s body by immersion into water; "The child should bathe every day"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a vessel containing liquid in which something is immersed (as to process it or to maintain it at a constant temperature or to lubricate it); "she soaked the etching in an acid bath" ,
- you soak and wash your body in a bathtub; "he has a good bath every morning" ,
- a relatively large open container that you fill with water and use to wash the body ,
- an ancient Hebrew liquid measure equal to about 10 gallons ,
- a town in southwestern England on the River Avon; famous for its hot springs and Roman remains ,
- a room (as in a residence) containing a bathtub or shower and usually a washbasin and toilet
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Bath'?
Bath Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
A bath (UK English) or bathtub (US English) is a thing people sit in when washing, to wash their body. The bath is usually in the bathroom. A less common name for a bath is a washtub.
A bath is also a place where people can sit in water (or other liquids, often hot) for their health. This is where the town name Bath comes from.
Words and phrases related to 'Bath'
'Bath' example sentence in quotations
* Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons, and you will find that it is to the soul what the water bath is to the body. - Oliver Wendell Holmes
* I can't think of any sorrow in the world that a hot bath wouldn't help, just a little bit. - Susan Glasee
Click here for more related quotations on 'Bath'
Bath Sample Sentences in News
- Rugby Union - Bath chief Craig thinking big
- Bath may be gearing up for their first European Rugby Champions Cup home game in three years against Toulouse on Saturday, but owner Bruce Craig is already plotting their return to the glory years that saw them crowned champions of Europe in 1998. Read more on this news related to 'Bath'
- Bath's must-win clash with Toulouse pits George Ford against the man who shaped his career at Leicester
Toby Flood once handed out advice to a 16-year-old George Ford - now the pair face each other on equal terms in the European Champions Cup Read more on this news related to 'Bath'
- Closing 2 schools in Anglophone West district 'just not right'
Schools in Bath and Coles Island are being recommended for closure by the district education council in Anglophone West School District, while the idea of consolidating Stanley High and Stanley Elementary into one school will also be considered. The council made the announcement at its monthly meeting in Stanley on Thursday evening, identifying Stanley High/Elemen Read more on this news related to 'Bath'