Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Bass'
Bass Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : having or denoting a low vocal or instrumental range; "a
deep voice"; "a bass voice is lower than a baritone
voice"; "a bass clarinet" [syn: deep]
- the lowest part of the musical range
- the lowest part in polyphonic music [syn: bass part]
- an adult male singer with the lowest voice [syn: basso]
- the lean flesh of a saltwater fish of the family Serranidae [syn: sea bass]
- any of various North American freshwater fish with lean flesh (especially of the genus Micropterus) [syn: freshwater bass}]
- the lowest adult male singing voice [syn: bass voice, basso]
- the member with the lowest range of a family of musical instruments
- nontechnical name for any of numerous edible marine and freshwater spiny-finned fishes
- Bass \Bass\, n. [A corruption of bast.]
- (Bot.) The linden or lime tree, sometimes wrongly called whitewood; also, its bark, which is used for making mats. See Bast.
- (Pron. ?) A hassock or thick mat.
- Bass \Bass\, n. [F. basse, fr. bas low. See Base, a.]
- A bass, or deep, sound or tone.
- (Mus.) (a) The lowest part in a musical composition. (b) One who sings, or the instrument which plays, bass. [Written also base.] Thorough bass. See Thorough bass.
- Bass \Bass\, a.
Deep or grave in tone.
Bass clef (Mus.), the character placed at the beginning of
the staff containing the bass part of a musical
composition. [See Illust. under Clef.]
Bass voice, a deep-sounding voice; a voice fitted for
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bass'
- Bass: NOTOC_Bass or Basses may refer to: Bass (sound), describing low-frequency sound. Bass (fish), various freshwater and saltwater species ...
- Bass guitar: The bass guitar (also called electric bass or simply bass; ˈbeɪs, as in "base") is a stringed instrument played primarily with the finger ...
- Double bass: The double bass, also called the string bass, upright bass, bass violin or contrabass, is the largest and lowest-pitched bowed string ...
- Bassist: A bass player, or bassist is a musician who plays a bass instrument such as a double bass , bass guitar , keyboard bass or a low brass ...
- Bass (voice type): A bass is a type of male singing voice and possesses the lowest vocal range of all voice type s. a bass is typically classified as ...
- Bass (instrument): Bass (pronounced "base") describes musical instrument s that produce tones in the low-pitched range . They belong to different families ...
- Bass (fish): Bass (ˈbæs) is a name shared by many different species of popular gamefish . The term encompasses both freshwater and marine species. ...
- Drum and bass: Drum and bass (also written as "drum 'n' bass" and commonly abbreviated to D&B or DnB) is a type of electronic dance music which emerged ...
- Bass drum: The bass drums are of variable sizes and are used in several musical genres (see usage below). Three major types of bass drums can be ...
- Acoustic bass guitar: The acoustic bass guitar (also called ABG or acoustic bass) is a bass instrument with a hollow wooden body similar to, though usually ...
Words and phrases related to 'Bass'
Bass Sample Sentences in News
- Local bass tournament scene
Bass tournament results and standings. To submit results, email them to tveneskytimesleader.com Read more on this news related to 'Bass'
- Why Bass Coast Festival Banned Native American Headdresses
Attendees at this year's Bass Coast Festival will not be allowed to wear Native American-style headdresses and war bonnets when the EDM fest hits... Read more on this news related to 'Bass'
- Bass Sees Argentine Rally Overdone With Talks Drawn Out
Kyle Bass, whose Dallas-based Hayman Capital Management LP bought Argentina’s restructured securities last year, says talks between the nation and investors including billionaire Paul Singer’s Elliott Management Corp. Read more on this news related to 'Bass'