Bankruptcy Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a legal process intended to insure equality among the creditors of a corporation declared in bankruptcy
- inability to discharge all your debts as they come due; "the company had to declare bankruptcy"; "fraudulent loans led to the failure of many banks"
- a state of complete lack of some abstract property; "spiritual bankruptcy"; "moral bankruptcy"; "intellectual bankruptcy"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a state of complete lack of some abstract property; "spiritual bankruptcy"; "moral bankruptcy"; "intellectual bankruptcy" ,
- inability to discharge all your debts as they come due; "the company had to declare bankruptcy"; "fraudulent loans led to the failure of many banks" ,
- a legal process intended to insure equality among the creditors of a corporation declared to be insolvent
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Bankruptcy'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bankruptcy'
- Bankruptcy: Bankruptcy is a legal status of an insolvent person or an organisation, that is, one that cannot repay the debts owed to creditors . ...
- Bankruptcy in the United States: Bankruptcy in the United States is governed under the United States Constitution (Article 1, Section 8, Clause 4) which authorizes Congress ...
- Bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers: Lehman Brothers filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on September 15, 2008. The bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers remains the largest ...
- Personal bankruptcy: Personal bankruptcy is a procedure which, in certain jurisdiction s, allows an individual to declare bankruptcy . bankruptcies are ...
- Bankruptcy in the United Kingdom: Bankruptcy in the United Kingdom does not have a singular law. There is one system for England and Wales , one for Northern Ireland and ...
Words and phrases related to 'Bankruptcy'
Bankruptcy Sample Sentences in News
- Mt. Gox files U.S. bankruptcy, opponents call it a ruse
* Objectors allege Mt. Gox's U.S. bankruptcy part of a fraud * Opponents said Karpeles recently moved millions of dollars of bitcoins * Case may revive criticisms of U.S. shell corporations March 10 (Reuters) - Mt. Gox, once the world's largest bitcoin exchange, received U.S. bankruptcy protection on Monday to temporarily halt U.S. legal action against the Read more on this news related to 'Bankruptcy'
- Sbarro pizza chain files for second bankruptcy. It can do that? (+video)
Sbarro pizza chain's bankruptcy filing is its second in three years. There's no rule preventing Sbarro pizza from a second Chapter 11 filing, but it still doesn't bode well for the company's future. Read more on this news related to 'Bankruptcy'
- Power wholesaler Edison Mission clears bankruptcy
A federal bankruptcy judge in Chicago has given power wholesaler Edison Mission Energy the go-ahead to emerge from bankruptcy by selling most of its assets to NRG Energy Inc. for $2.6 billion. U.S. Bankruptcy ... Read more on this news related to 'Bankruptcy'