Bankruptcy Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a legal process intended to insure equality among the creditors of a corporation declared in bankruptcy
- inability to discharge all your debts as they come due; "the company had to declare bankruptcy"; "fraudulent loans led to the failure of many banks"
- a state of complete lack of some abstract property; "spiritual bankruptcy"; "moral bankruptcy"; "intellectual bankruptcy"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a state of complete lack of some abstract property; "spiritual bankruptcy"; "moral bankruptcy"; "intellectual bankruptcy" ,
- inability to discharge all your debts as they come due; "the company had to declare bankruptcy"; "fraudulent loans led to the failure of many banks" ,
- a legal process intended to insure equality among the creditors of a corporation declared to be insolvent
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Bankruptcy'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bankruptcy'
- Bankruptcy: Bankruptcy is a legal status of an insolvent person or an organisation, that is, one that cannot repay the debts owed to creditors . ...
- Bankruptcy in the United States: Bankruptcy in the United States is governed under the United States Constitution (Article 1, Section 8, Clause 4) which authorizes Congress ...
- Bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers: Lehman Brothers filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on September 15, 2008. The bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers remains the largest ...
- Personal bankruptcy: Personal bankruptcy is a procedure which, in certain jurisdiction s, allows an individual to declare bankruptcy . bankruptcies are ...
- Bankruptcy in the United Kingdom: Bankruptcy in the United Kingdom does not have a singular law. There is one system for England and Wales , one for Northern Ireland and ...
Words and phrases related to 'Bankruptcy'
Bankruptcy Sample Sentences in News
- Credit card life after bankruptcy
After bankruptcy, issuers will be wary of lending to you. Applying for a secured card is a way to boost your FICO score and show lenders you can be trusted again Read more on this news related to 'Bankruptcy'
- Detroit Updates Bankruptcy Plan Saying Water Agency Possible
Detroit, the biggest U.S. city to file for bankruptcy, updated its debt-cutting plan with details about its offer to exchange more than $5 billion in water and sewer bonds for new debt and said a deal on a new water agency may emerge from mediation talks with its suburbs. Read more on this news related to 'Bankruptcy'
- Detroit bankruptcy trial delayed; city details water bond refinancing plan
U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Steven Rhodes on Wednesday delayed the start of the city's bankruptcy trial until Sept. 2, hours before the city filed an updated debt-cutting plan that incorporated a previously announced agreement with creditors. Read more on this news related to 'Bankruptcy'