Bankruptcy Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a legal process intended to insure equality among the creditors of a corporation declared in bankruptcy
- inability to discharge all your debts as they come due; "the company had to declare bankruptcy"; "fraudulent loans led to the failure of many banks"
- a state of complete lack of some abstract property; "spiritual bankruptcy"; "moral bankruptcy"; "intellectual bankruptcy"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a state of complete lack of some abstract property; "spiritual bankruptcy"; "moral bankruptcy"; "intellectual bankruptcy" ,
- inability to discharge all your debts as they come due; "the company had to declare bankruptcy"; "fraudulent loans led to the failure of many banks" ,
- a legal process intended to insure equality among the creditors of a corporation declared to be insolvent
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Bankruptcy'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bankruptcy'
- Bankruptcy: Bankruptcy is a legal status of an insolvent person or an organisation, that is, one that cannot repay the debts owed to creditors . ...
- Bankruptcy in the United States: Bankruptcy in the United States is governed under the United States Constitution (Article 1, Section 8, Clause 4) which authorizes Congress ...
- Bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers: Lehman Brothers filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on September 15, 2008. The bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers remains the largest ...
- Personal bankruptcy: Personal bankruptcy is a procedure which, in certain jurisdiction s, allows an individual to declare bankruptcy . bankruptcies are ...
- Bankruptcy in the United Kingdom: Bankruptcy in the United Kingdom does not have a singular law. There is one system for England and Wales , one for Northern Ireland and ...
Words and phrases related to 'Bankruptcy'
Bankruptcy Sample Sentences in News
- Scalia Throws Bankruptcy Surcharging To The Mat
Steven Law ("Debtor") ran on financially hard times and filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2004. The Court appointed Alfred Siegel as the Bankruptcy Trustee ("BKT") to oversee the case and to marshal the Debtor's assets. Read more on this news related to 'Bankruptcy'
- Report: Sbarro Cooks up Fresh Bankruptcy Filing
Sbarro could reportedly file for bankruptcy as soon as this weekend as the struggling pizza chain races to secure financing for a streamlined restructuring. Read more on this news related to 'Bankruptcy'
- American Airlines Bankruptcy Shaped by Eastern Air Lines Strike 25 Years Ago
The American Airlines bankruptcy case was shaped by the influence of labor, which learned some lessons from the March 4, 1989, Eastern Air Lines strike and subsequent bankruptcy Read more on this news related to 'Bankruptcy'