Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Backside'
Backside Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the side of an object that is opposite its front; "his room was toward the rear of the hotel" [syn: rear, back end] [ant: front]
- the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?" [syn: buttocks, nates, arse, butt, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass]
- Backside \Back"side`\, n. [Back, a. + side. ]
The hinder part, posteriors, or rump of a person or animal.
Note: Backside (one word) was formerly used of the rear part
or side of any thing or place, but in such senses is
now two words.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Backside'
- Backside: Backside may refer to: Backside and frontside , terms referring to surfing, skateboarding, snowboarding and aggressive inline skating ...
- Backside of Thirty: "Backside of Thirty" is a 1979 single written and recorded by John Conlee . " "Backside of Thirty" would be John Conlee's third country hit ...
- Masters of the Backside: Masters of the Backside was an early British punk rock group. They never released a recording or performed beyond practice sessions, but ...
Words and phrases related to 'Backside'
Backside Sample Sentences in News
- 'Kick up the backside' from Wenger inspired Arsenal to beat Wigan - Walcott
The Gunners forward reveals his manager's fury after Shaun Maloney's free kick sent his side in level at half-time, the dressing-down prompting a three-goal response Read more on this news related to 'Backside'
- Preakness Stakes: Janney finding himself in demand at Pimlico
BALTIMORE – Visiting the backside at Pimlico Race Course Preakness week is nothing new for Stuart Janney III, who lives only a few miles away in a town named Butler. Read more on this news related to 'Backside'
- The Rail: Combing the Backside in Search of the Next Big Horse
In the days leading to the 139th running of the Kentucky Derby, The Rail’s cast of reporters, handicappers and fans will help sort through the field and the story lines. Read more on this news related to 'Backside'