Automobile Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- 4-wheeled motor vehicle; usually propelled by an internal combustion engine; "he needs a car to get to work"
- travel in an automobile
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a motor vehicle with four wheels; usually propelled by an internal combustion engine; "he needs a car to get to work"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Automobile'?
Automobile Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
A car (also called an automobile) is a vehicle used to transport passengers. Cars usually have four wheels and an internal combustion engine. Another name is automobile from Greek "auto" and French "mobile". This name means "self-moving", as cars do not need horses or other external sources of power to move.
Some small "city" cars carry only two to four people, and have very little luggage space. Other types are able to carry many passengers or heavy loads. For example, family station wagons or estate cars carry from 5 to 9 people, or fewer people with lots of luggage. A van or pickup truck is a car-like vehicle made for carrying medium sized loads; for example, goods for delivery or plumber's and builder's tools and materials. Heavy lorries are used to carry deliveries and heavy loads.
Words and phrases related to 'Automobile'
'Automobile' example sentence in quotations
* The shortage of student loans may require ... divestiture of certain sorts-stereo divestiture, automobile divestiture, three-weeks-at-the-beach divestiture. - William John Bennett
* A tree never hits an automobile except in self defense. - American Proverb
Click here for more related quotations on 'Automobile'
Automobile Sample Sentences in News
- Automobile Steering Device Industry in China, 2014-2018 - Global Industry Size, Shares, Analysis, Trends and Forecast ...
ResearchMoz.us includes new market research report "Automobile Steering Device Industry in China, 2014-2018". (PRWeb October 23, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/10/prweb12268651.htm Read more on this news related to 'Automobile'
- Automobile (Car) and Light Truck Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and ...
LONDON, Oct. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Vital industry-specific data including metrics, Benchmarks, historic numbers, growth rates and forecasts that will save countless hours of research. Key Findings: ... Read more on this news related to 'Automobile'
- Research and Markets: Research and Future Development Forecast of Automobile Steering Device Industry in China 2014-2018
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Research and Future Development Forecast of Automobile Stee Read more on this news related to 'Automobile'