Authorial Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- of or by or typical of an author; "authorial comments"; "auctorial flights of imagination"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Authorial'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Authorial'
- Authorial intent: In literary theory and aesthetics, authorial intent refers to an author's intent as it is encoded in their work. Long time literary theory has held that
Authorial Sample Sentences in News
- Rare Book & Manuscript Library Houses a History of Publishing
The Columbia Rare Book & Manuscript Library holds archival material that provides insight into authorial intent and a publisher's role in the editing process. One record reveals author Harper Lee's upcoming book Go Set a Watchman was an early draft of the classic novel, To Kill a Mockingbird . Read more on this news related to 'Authorial'
- Richmond, VA Author Alaric Cabiling Has Released His Debut Work of Literary Short Fiction Entitled "Insanity by ...
"Insanity By Increments," a collection of short stories, examines the darker side of the human condition with characters that reveal humanity in the midst of distress. Author, Alaric Cabiling has one of the most distinct authorial voices in literature today, putting his penchant for subtlety and persuasive language on display in his debut work of fiction Read more on this news related to 'Authorial'
- Questions of perspective on India’s Daughter | Letters
Jayati Ghosh ( Since the Delhi rape things have got worse , 7 March) mars an otherwise fine article on the banning of the documentary India’s Daughter by repeating a criticism that appears to take issue with the film’s provenance at the cost of what it actually says, reveals and supports. Far from displaying signs of a “white saviour” mentality, the narrat Read more on this news related to 'Authorial'