Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Authenticity'
Authenticity Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- Authenticity \Au`then*tic"i*ty\, n. [Cf. F. authenticit['e].]
- The quality of being authentic or of established authority for truth and correctness.
- Genuineness; the quality of being genuine or not corrupted from the original. Note: In later writers, especially those on the evidences of Christianity, authenticity is often restricted in its use to the first of the above meanings, and distinguished from qenuineness.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Authenticity'
- Authenticity: Authenticity refers to the truthfulness of origins, attributions, commitments, sincerity, devotion, and intentions. Authenticity or ...
- Authenticity (philosophy): Authenticity is a technical term in existentialist philosophy , and is also used in the philosophy of art and psychology . In philosophy ...
- Authenticity (reenactment): In historical reenactment , authenticity (sometimes referred to as the A-factor or simply A) is a measure of how close an item, prop, ...
- Authenticity (Foreign Exchange album): Authenticity is the third studio album from the R&B /hip hop duo The Foreign Exchange . It was released on October 12, 2010. ...
Words and phrases related to 'Authenticity'
Authenticity Sample Sentences in News
- New culinary school strives for authenticity
A new culinary school is set to open in Bangkok with the ambitious but clear-cut goal of having authentic Thai food served to customers across the world. Read more on this news related to 'Authenticity'
- U.S. says 'no reason to doubt' authenticity al-Baghdadi video
The United States has "no reason to doubt" the authenticity of a video posted on the Internet over the weekend of reclusive Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the State Department said on Monday. "We seen, of course, the reports of the video. We have no reason to doubt the authenticity of the video," State Department spokeswoman Jen Psa Read more on this news related to 'Authenticity'
- Cafe 'van Gogh' authenticity probed
Doubt is raised over the authenticity of a painting on display in a Reading cafe purported to be Vincent van Gogh's Houses at Auvers II. Read more on this news related to 'Authenticity'