Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Authenticity'
Authenticity Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- Authenticity \Au`then*tic"i*ty\, n. [Cf. F. authenticit['e].]
- The quality of being authentic or of established authority for truth and correctness.
- Genuineness; the quality of being genuine or not corrupted from the original. Note: In later writers, especially those on the evidences of Christianity, authenticity is often restricted in its use to the first of the above meanings, and distinguished from qenuineness.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Authenticity'
- Authenticity: Authenticity refers to the truthfulness of origins, attributions, commitments, sincerity, devotion, and intentions. Authenticity or ...
- Authenticity (philosophy): Authenticity is a technical term in existentialist philosophy , and is also used in the philosophy of art and psychology . In philosophy ...
- Authenticity (reenactment): In historical reenactment , authenticity (sometimes referred to as the A-factor or simply A) is a measure of how close an item, prop, ...
- Authenticity (Foreign Exchange album): Authenticity is the third studio album from the R&B /hip hop duo The Foreign Exchange . It was released on October 12, 2010. ...
Words and phrases related to 'Authenticity'
Authenticity Sample Sentences in News
- Malaysia Airlines verifying report that missing plane lands in Nanming
Malaysia Airlines are working to verify the authenticity that its flight MH370 that had lost contact with traffic control has reportedly landed in Nanming, Group CEO Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said Saturday. Read more on this news related to 'Authenticity'
- Christie’s Pulls One Basquiat Work From Auction After Authenticity Challenge
After a lawsuit by the estate of late New York City artist Jean-Michel Basquiat suggested some of the works may be fakes, Christie’s auction house has removed one piece for review. Read more on this news related to 'Authenticity'
- Nobody Likes 'Computerized,' the New Daft Punk Collaboration with Jay-Z
An unreleased Daft Punk track featuring Jay-Z leaked on the internet today, and though it was first met with questions about its authenticity, "Computerized" has since been confirmed as real. The song is basically what you would expect: Jay-Z rapping over a Daft Punk beat with a robotic voice saying "computerized" every once and a while. In the Read more on this news related to 'Authenticity'