Atypical Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- not conforming to type; "showed atypical agility"
- deviating from what is usual or common or to be expected; often somewhat odd or strange; "these days large families are atypical"; "highly irregular behavior"
- deviating from or not conforming to type; "atypical behavior..not the accepted type of response that we expect from children"- G.E.Gardner
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Atypical'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Atypical'
- Atypical fibroxanthoma: Atypical fibroxanthoma of the skin is a low-grade malignancy related to malignant fibrous histiocytoma, which it resembles histologically. Skin lesion
- Atypical depression: Atypical depression, or depression with atypical features as it has been known in the DSM, is depression that shares many of the typical symptoms of the
- Atypical pneumonia: Atypical pneumonia, also known as walking pneumonia, is an atypical[clarification needed] pneumonia not caused by one of the more traditional pathogens
- Atypical lichen myxedematosus: Atypical lichen myxedematosus (also known as "Intermediate lichen myxedematosus") is a skin condition caused by fibroblasts producing abnormally large
- Atypical antipsychotic: The atypical antipsychotics (AAP; also known as second generation antipsychotics (SGAs)) are a group of antipsychotic drugs (antipsychotic drugs in general
Atypical Sample Sentences in News
- Atypical hyperplasia bigger breast cancer risk factor than previously thought, study says
Women with atypical hyperplasia of the breast have a 1 percent increased risk of developing breast cancer each year, suggests a study published Wednesday in the New England Journal of Medicine . Read more on this news related to 'Atypical'
- Women with atypical hyperplasia are at higher risk of breast cancer
Women with atypical hyperplasia of the breast have a higher risk of developing breast cancer than previously thought, a study has found. Atypical hyperplasia of the breast is a precancerous condition found in about one-tenth of the over 1 million breast biopsies with benign findings performed annually in the United States. Read more on this news related to 'Atypical'
- Mayo Clinic: Women with atypical hyperplasia are at higher risk of breast cancer
Women with atypical hyperplasia of the breast have a higher risk of developing breast cancer than previously thought, a Mayo Clinic study has found. Results of the study appear in a special report on breast cancer in the New England Journal of Medicine. Read more on this news related to 'Atypical'