Atypical Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- not conforming to type; "showed atypical agility"
- deviating from what is usual or common or to be expected; often somewhat odd or strange; "these days large families are atypical"; "highly irregular behavior"
- deviating from or not conforming to type; "atypical behavior..not the accepted type of response that we expect from children"- G.E.Gardner
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Atypical'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Atypical'
- Atypical fibroxanthoma: Atypical fibroxanthoma of the skin is a low-grade malignancy related to malignant fibrous histiocytoma, which it resembles histologically. Skin lesion
- Atypical depression: Atypical depression, or depression with atypical features as it has been known in the DSM, is depression that shares many of the typical symptoms of the
- Atypical pneumonia: Atypical pneumonia, also known as walking pneumonia, is an atypical[clarification needed] pneumonia not caused by one of the more traditional pathogens
- Atypical lichen myxedematosus: Atypical lichen myxedematosus (also known as "Intermediate lichen myxedematosus") is a skin condition caused by fibroblasts producing abnormally large
- Atypical antipsychotic: The atypical antipsychotics (AAP) (also known as second generation antipsychotics (SGAs)) are a group of antipsychotic drugs (antipsychotic drugs in general
Atypical Sample Sentences in News
- Janssen Submits New Drug Application to U.S. FDA for Three-Month Paliperidone Palmitate
TITUSVILLE, N.J., Nov. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Janssen Research & Development, LLC (Janssen) today announced the submission of a New Drug Application (NDA) for three-month atypical antipsychotic paliperidone ... Read more on this news related to 'Atypical'
- Simple clinical tests help differentiate Parkinson's disease from atypical parkinsonism
( IOS Press ) Two simple tests conducted during the neurological exam can help clinicians differentiate between early-stage Parkinson's disease and atypical parkinsonism. By asking patients to perform a tandem gait test and inquiring whether they are still able to ride a bicycle, clinicians can ascertain whether medio-lateral balance is impaired, a defining ch Read more on this news related to 'Atypical'
- Longer-term Outcome Data from the Largest Prospective Trial of Soliris® (eculizumab) in aHUS Underscore the ...
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. today announced that researchers presented data from clinical trials of Soliris® in patients with atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome , as well as an update from the Global aHUS Registry, at Kidney Week 2014, the annual meeting of the American Society of Nephrology, in Philadelphia. Read more on this news related to 'Atypical'