Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Astriction'
Astriction Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Astriction \As*tric"tion\, n. [L. astrictio.]
- The act of binding; restriction; also, obligation. --Milton.
- (Med.) (a) A contraction of parts by applications; the action of an astringent substance on the animal economy. --Dunglison. (b) Constipation. --Arbuthnot.
- Astringency. [Obs.] --Bacon.
- (Scots Law) An obligation to have the grain growing on certain lands ground at a certain mill, the owner paying a toll. --Bell. Note: The lands were said to be astricted to the mill.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Astriction'
Words and phrases related to 'Astriction'
Astriction Sample Sentences in News
- No current Astriction news