Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Assimilated'
Assimilated Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Assimilate \As*sim"i*late\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Assimilated;
p. pr. & vb. n. Assimilating.] [L. assimilatus, p. p. of
assimilare; ad + similare to make like, similis like. See
Similar, Assemble, Assimilate.]
- To bring to a likeness or to conformity; to cause a resemblance between. --Sir M. Hale. To assimilate our law to the law of Scotland. --John Bright. Fast falls a fleecy; the downy flakes Assimilate all objects. --Cowper.
- To liken; to compa?e. [R.]
- To appropriate and transform or incorporate into the substance of the assimilating body; to absorb or appropriate, as nourishment; as, food is assimilated and converted into organic tissue. Hence also animals and vegetables may assimilate their nourishment. --Sir I. Newton. His mind had no power to assimilate the lessons. --Merivale.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Assimilated'
Words and phrases related to 'Assimilated'
Assimilated Sample Sentences in News
- Imagine Dragons at the Uptown Amphitheatre tonight (5/7/2013)
IMAGINE DRAGONS Commercial hitmakers Imagine Dragons have assimilated elements of some of the last decade's most successful Top 40 heavy hitters - Coldplay's impressionistic, grandiose feel-goodism, The Killers' high-gloss sheen, Arcade Fire's expansive moodiness. Slightly more mercurial than Passion Pit, they are that band's obvious heirs.… Read more on this news related to 'Assimilated'
- Pakeha-Chinese family thrive
Juliet O'Connor gained much more than a husband when she married third-generation Chinese-New Zealander Scott Young.She inherited a large, welcoming extended family, many of whom live in the same Wellington suburb. She quickly assimilated... Read more on this news related to 'Assimilated'
- Symbols of change
Chicago-based master colourist and non-figurative artist S.V. Rama Rao lived in Delhi to create a body of work to be showcased here. He talks about how his language assimilated different influences to mark a departure in his style Read more on this news related to 'Assimilated'