Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Assimilated'
Assimilated Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Assimilate \As*sim"i*late\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Assimilated;
p. pr. & vb. n. Assimilating.] [L. assimilatus, p. p. of
assimilare; ad + similare to make like, similis like. See
Similar, Assemble, Assimilate.]
- To bring to a likeness or to conformity; to cause a resemblance between. --Sir M. Hale. To assimilate our law to the law of Scotland. --John Bright. Fast falls a fleecy; the downy flakes Assimilate all objects. --Cowper.
- To liken; to compa?e. [R.]
- To appropriate and transform or incorporate into the substance of the assimilating body; to absorb or appropriate, as nourishment; as, food is assimilated and converted into organic tissue. Hence also animals and vegetables may assimilate their nourishment. --Sir I. Newton. His mind had no power to assimilate the lessons. --Merivale.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Assimilated'
Words and phrases related to 'Assimilated'
Assimilated Sample Sentences in News
- Google buys Green Throttle Games, could we get a Nexus games console?
Rumors of a Google-made gaming console won’t go away, and news that the Mountain View collective has assimilated Green Throttle Games has only thrown more gas on the fire. It’s a pretty clear […] Read more on this news related to 'Assimilated'
- Enhanced photosynthesis is crucial for improving bioplastic yields from cyanobacteria
Traditional petrochemical plastics are made from non-renewable fossil fuels and cannot be readily assimilated back into the environment at the end of their useful life. Thus, there is considerable interest in replacing petrochemical plastics with biodegradable alternatives that are derived from more sustainable resources. Unfortunately, efforts to produce plastics Read more on this news related to 'Assimilated'
- Family, friends react halfheartedly to new relationship
Both women are functionless as individuals. Each has been assimilated into the Borg... (February 27, 2014, by m5po) MORE Adapted from a recent online discussion. Read more on this news related to 'Assimilated'