Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Assessor'
Assessor Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : an official who evaluates property for the purpose of taxing
it [syn: tax assessor]
- Assessor \As*sess"or\, n. [L., one who sits beside, the
assistant of a judge, fr. assid?re. See Assession. LL., one
who arranges of determines the taxes, fr. assid?re. See
Assess, v., and cf. Cessor.]
- One appointed or elected to assist a judge or magistrate with his special knowledge of the subject to be decided; as legal assessors, nautical assessors. --Mozley & W.
- One who sits by another, as next in dignity, or as an assistant and adviser; an associate in office. Whence to his Son, The assessor of his throne, he thus began. --Milton. With his ignorance, his inclinations, and his fancy, as his assessors in judgment. --I. Taylor.
- One appointed to assess persons or property for the purpose of taxation. --Bouvier.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Assessor'
- Assessor: An assessor may be: Assessor (law), the assistant to a judge or magistrate. Assessor (Oxford), a senior officer of the University of Oxford ...
- Assessor (law): In some jurisdictions, an assessor is a judge 's or magistrate 's assistant. This is in fact the historical meaning of this word. ...
- Assessor (Italy): In Italy an Assessor (in Italian language : assessore) is a member of a Giunta, the executive body in all levels of local government : ...
- Assessor (Oxford): The Assessor is an official in the University of Oxford , in England . The position was created in 1960. The Assessor is responsible for ...
- Assessor's Parcel Number: An Assessor's Parcel Number, or APN, is a number assigned to parcels of real property by the tax assessor of a particular jurisdiction ...
- Lay assessor: Lay assessors are used by the government of the United Kingdom to evaluate the quality of service provided by government agencies to the ...
- Assessor flavissimus: Assessor flavissimus is a fish from the Western Central Pacific . It occasionally makes its way into the aquarium trade. It grows to a ...
- Assessor macneilli: Assessor macneilli is a fish from the Southwest Atlantic Ocean. It occasionally makes its way into the aquarium trade It grows to a size ...
- Qualified Security Assessor: The Payment Card Industry (PCI) Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) designation is conferred by the https://www. pcisecuritystandards. ...
Words and phrases related to 'Assessor'
Assessor Sample Sentences in News
- Coconino Co. assessor seeks aerial photo program
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) - The Coconino County Assessor's Office wants to hire a private aerial imaging company to take high-resolution pictures of every home in the county. Their aim is efficiency. The office, which appraises commercial and residential buildings and lands, is also tasked by the Arizona Department ... Read more on this news related to 'Assessor'
- Deputy Assessor Omar Haroon Announces Candidacy for Los Angeles County Assessor
LOS ANGELES -- Deputy Assessor Omar Haroon today formally announced his candidacy for Los Angeles County Assessor and vowed to restore the public's trust in the scandal-plagued office. Read more on this news related to 'Assessor'
- L.A. County assessor race shapes up without Noguez
John Noguez -- fighting corruption charges -- is 'definitively not running,' leaving no incumbents on the county ballot. A dozen candidates are in the running to be Los Angeles County's next assessor, but not incumbent Assessor John Noguez, who is battling public corruption charges. Read more on this news related to 'Assessor'