Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Assessor'
Assessor Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : an official who evaluates property for the purpose of taxing
it [syn: tax assessor]
- Assessor \As*sess"or\, n. [L., one who sits beside, the
assistant of a judge, fr. assid?re. See Assession. LL., one
who arranges of determines the taxes, fr. assid?re. See
Assess, v., and cf. Cessor.]
- One appointed or elected to assist a judge or magistrate with his special knowledge of the subject to be decided; as legal assessors, nautical assessors. --Mozley & W.
- One who sits by another, as next in dignity, or as an assistant and adviser; an associate in office. Whence to his Son, The assessor of his throne, he thus began. --Milton. With his ignorance, his inclinations, and his fancy, as his assessors in judgment. --I. Taylor.
- One appointed to assess persons or property for the purpose of taxation. --Bouvier.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Assessor'
- Assessor: An assessor may be: Assessor (law), the assistant to a judge or magistrate. Assessor (Oxford), a senior officer of the University of Oxford ...
- Assessor (law): In some jurisdictions, an assessor is a judge 's or magistrate 's assistant. This is in fact the historical meaning of this word. ...
- Assessor (Italy): In Italy an Assessor (in Italian language : assessore) is a member of a Giunta, the executive body in all levels of local government : ...
- Assessor (Oxford): The Assessor is an official in the University of Oxford , in England . The position was created in 1960. The Assessor is responsible for ...
- Assessor's Parcel Number: An Assessor's Parcel Number, or APN, is a number assigned to parcels of real property by the tax assessor of a particular jurisdiction ...
- Lay assessor: Lay assessors are used by the government of the United Kingdom to evaluate the quality of service provided by government agencies to the ...
- Assessor flavissimus: Assessor flavissimus is a fish from the Western Central Pacific . It occasionally makes its way into the aquarium trade. It grows to a ...
- Assessor macneilli: Assessor macneilli is a fish from the Southwest Atlantic Ocean. It occasionally makes its way into the aquarium trade It grows to a size ...
- Qualified Security Assessor: The Payment Card Industry (PCI) Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) designation is conferred by the https://www. pcisecuritystandards. ...
Words and phrases related to 'Assessor'
Assessor Sample Sentences in News
- Candidates narrowed down for New Hartford assessor position
A new town assessor could be appointed as soon as next week after two months without anyone officially in the position. Four candidates, including Paul Smith whose appointment in the position was not reinstated at the end of September, have been narrowed down from a pool of several people. Read more on this news related to 'Assessor'
- Plainville Plans To Combine Tax, Assessor Offices
PLAINVILLE — A long-standing push to combine the tax and assessor's departments will probably be done soon, with veteran Assessor Jane Dickman Buden leading the new department, Town Manager Robert Lee told the town council Monday. Read more on this news related to 'Assessor'
- St. Louis County assessor seeks to re-examine countywide tax exemptions
Zimmerman says no tax exemption should be permanent Read more on this news related to 'Assessor'