Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Assessor'
Assessor Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : an official who evaluates property for the purpose of taxing
it [syn: tax assessor]
- Assessor \As*sess"or\, n. [L., one who sits beside, the
assistant of a judge, fr. assid?re. See Assession. LL., one
who arranges of determines the taxes, fr. assid?re. See
Assess, v., and cf. Cessor.]
- One appointed or elected to assist a judge or magistrate with his special knowledge of the subject to be decided; as legal assessors, nautical assessors. --Mozley & W.
- One who sits by another, as next in dignity, or as an assistant and adviser; an associate in office. Whence to his Son, The assessor of his throne, he thus began. --Milton. With his ignorance, his inclinations, and his fancy, as his assessors in judgment. --I. Taylor.
- One appointed to assess persons or property for the purpose of taxation. --Bouvier.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Assessor'
- Assessor: An assessor may be: Assessor (law), the assistant to a judge or magistrate. Assessor (Oxford), a senior officer of the University of Oxford ...
- Assessor (law): In some jurisdictions, an assessor is a judge 's or magistrate 's assistant. This is in fact the historical meaning of this word. ...
- Assessor (Italy): In Italy an Assessor (in Italian language : assessore) is a member of a Giunta, the executive body in all levels of local government : ...
- Assessor (Oxford): The Assessor is an official in the University of Oxford , in England . The position was created in 1960. The Assessor is responsible for ...
- Assessor's Parcel Number: An Assessor's Parcel Number, or APN, is a number assigned to parcels of real property by the tax assessor of a particular jurisdiction ...
- Lay assessor: Lay assessors are used by the government of the United Kingdom to evaluate the quality of service provided by government agencies to the ...
- Assessor flavissimus: Assessor flavissimus is a fish from the Western Central Pacific . It occasionally makes its way into the aquarium trade. It grows to a ...
- Assessor macneilli: Assessor macneilli is a fish from the Southwest Atlantic Ocean. It occasionally makes its way into the aquarium trade It grows to a size ...
- Qualified Security Assessor: The Payment Card Industry (PCI) Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) designation is conferred by the https://www. pcisecuritystandards. ...
Words and phrases related to 'Assessor'
Assessor Sample Sentences in News
- Assessor reminds Mineral taxpayers of upcoming deadlines
KEYSER - Mineral County assessor Rose Ann Maine has released several important dates for taxpayers to remember over the next several months. Read more on this news related to 'Assessor'
- Assessor explains renovation tax break proposal
SARANAC LAKE - Harrietstown Assessor Doug Tichenor outlined specifics of a proposed tax break for village homeowners who upgrade their properties at Monday night's village board meeting. Read more on this news related to 'Assessor'
- Cook County inspector general wins round over Berrios on subpoena
Cook County’s internal government watchdog recently won a round in his legal battle for authority to probe the offices of all countywide elected officials, but Assessor Joseph Berrios continues to challenge Inspector General Patrick Blanchard on the issue. Read more on this news related to 'Assessor'