Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Assessor'
Assessor Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : an official who evaluates property for the purpose of taxing
it [syn: tax assessor]
- Assessor \As*sess"or\, n. [L., one who sits beside, the
assistant of a judge, fr. assid?re. See Assession. LL., one
who arranges of determines the taxes, fr. assid?re. See
Assess, v., and cf. Cessor.]
- One appointed or elected to assist a judge or magistrate with his special knowledge of the subject to be decided; as legal assessors, nautical assessors. --Mozley & W.
- One who sits by another, as next in dignity, or as an assistant and adviser; an associate in office. Whence to his Son, The assessor of his throne, he thus began. --Milton. With his ignorance, his inclinations, and his fancy, as his assessors in judgment. --I. Taylor.
- One appointed to assess persons or property for the purpose of taxation. --Bouvier.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Assessor'
- Assessor: An assessor may be: Assessor (law), the assistant to a judge or magistrate. Assessor (Oxford), a senior officer of the University of Oxford ...
- Assessor (law): In some jurisdictions, an assessor is a judge 's or magistrate 's assistant. This is in fact the historical meaning of this word. ...
- Assessor (Italy): In Italy an Assessor (in Italian language : assessore) is a member of a Giunta, the executive body in all levels of local government : ...
- Assessor (Oxford): The Assessor is an official in the University of Oxford , in England . The position was created in 1960. The Assessor is responsible for ...
- Assessor's Parcel Number: An Assessor's Parcel Number, or APN, is a number assigned to parcels of real property by the tax assessor of a particular jurisdiction ...
- Lay assessor: Lay assessors are used by the government of the United Kingdom to evaluate the quality of service provided by government agencies to the ...
- Assessor flavissimus: Assessor flavissimus is a fish from the Western Central Pacific . It occasionally makes its way into the aquarium trade. It grows to a ...
- Assessor macneilli: Assessor macneilli is a fish from the Southwest Atlantic Ocean. It occasionally makes its way into the aquarium trade It grows to a size ...
- Qualified Security Assessor: The Payment Card Industry (PCI) Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) designation is conferred by the https://www. pcisecuritystandards. ...
Words and phrases related to 'Assessor'
Assessor Sample Sentences in News
- Harley Hoppe, colorful assessor, tax foe, dies
Harley Hoppe, 82, a three-term King County assessor and an early tax rebel, died May 13 at his Mercer Island home. Read more on this news related to 'Assessor'
- Assessor's revaluation teams start inspections
The Payne County Assessor’s Office’s three revaluation teams will be conducting visual inspections through October in the west half of Stillwater and rural areas immediately south and west of Stillwater, Assessor James Cowan said. Read more on this news related to 'Assessor'
- Commissioners pick assessor
Mike Cowles is about to become Lane County’s new tax chief. The County Board of Commissioners on Tuesday unanimously appointed Cowles as interim county assessor to fill the unexpired term of former county Assessor Anette Spickard . Cowles, who becomes interim assessor on Monday, is the county Assessment and Taxation … Read more on this news related to 'Assessor'