Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Asses'
Asses Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- As \As\, n.; pl. Asses. [L. as. See Ace.]
- A Roman weight, answering to the libra or pound, equal to nearly eleven ounces Troy weight. It was divided into twelve ounces.
- A Roman copper coin, originally of a pound weight (12 oz.); but reduced, after the first Punic war, to two ounces; in the second Punic war, to one ounce; and afterwards to half an ounce.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Asses'
Words and phrases related to 'Asses'
Asses Sample Sentences in News
- Turkcell delegation arrives Pakistan to asses market conditions of 3G, 4G spectrum
A delegation of Turkish mobile phone operator Turkcell has arrived Pakistan's Islamabad to asses market conditions before the auction of 3G and 4G spectrum scheduled for April 7 this year. Read more on this news related to 'Asses'
- Kejriwal arrives in Guj, all set to asses 'development' in the state
Ahmedabad, Mar 5: Taking the Lok Sabha battle to BJP's Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi's turf, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal arrived in Gujarat and is all set to kick off his four-day tour in the state. Kejriwal's Read more on this news related to 'Asses'
- NEMA to asses internally displaced persons in Gombe
The National Emergency Management Agency, Gombe Operations Office, and its stakeholders would embark on the assessment of the presence or otherwise of internally displaced persons in the 11 Local Government Areas of the state. NEMA said the exercise was aimed at providing assistance to the victims. The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the assessment... [Read Read more on this news related to 'Asses'