Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Asses'
Asses Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- As \As\, n.; pl. Asses. [L. as. See Ace.]
- A Roman weight, answering to the libra or pound, equal to nearly eleven ounces Troy weight. It was divided into twelve ounces.
- A Roman copper coin, originally of a pound weight (12 oz.); but reduced, after the first Punic war, to two ounces; in the second Punic war, to one ounce; and afterwards to half an ounce.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Asses'
Words and phrases related to 'Asses'
Asses Sample Sentences in News
- Families asses major earthquake damage in Napa neighborhood
A home was knocked off of its foundation in a neighborhood that was hit hard by Sunday's 6.0 earthquake in Napa. Read more on this news related to 'Asses'
- FEMA Inspectors Arrive In Suffolk To Asses Damage From Historic Rainfall, Flooding
Ultimately the inspectors will decide if town's hit hard by flood water should be declared disaster areas, making them eligible for federal aid. Read more on this news related to 'Asses'
- Warren schools re-asses safety and security plans
WARREN TWP. – The K-8 Warren Township School District has been working this past year to assess and tighten up its safety and security practices, including drills for school staff and students and pro Read more on this news related to 'Asses'