Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Appropriating'
Appropriating Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Appropriate \Ap*pro"pri*ate\, v. t. [imp. & p. p.
Appropriated; p. pr. & vb. n. Appropriating.]
- To take to one's self in exclusion of others; to claim or use as by an exclusive right; as, let no man appropriate the use of a common benefit.
- To set apart for, or assign to, a particular person or use, in exclusion of all others; -- with to or for; as, a spot of ground is appropriated for a garden; to appropriate money for the increase of the navy.
- To make suitable; to suit. [Archaic] --Paley.
- (Eng. Eccl. Law) To annex, as a benefice, to a spiritual corporation, as its property. --Blackstone.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Appropriating'
Words and phrases related to 'Appropriating'
Appropriating Sample Sentences in News
- Mayor Binay hits ‘political detractors’
Makati Mayor Jejomar Erwin Binay his political detractors for omitting from the evidence submitted to the Ombudsman an ordinance which included the names of their political allies as principal sponsorsof an ordinance appropriating funds for the Makati City Hall Building 2. He said the complainants failed to provide the Ombudsman a copy of City Ordinance No. 2008-0 Read more on this news related to 'Appropriating'
- House Music: Oh Look, L.A.'s 'House of Sin' is in a Drone-Shot Music Video
In yet another effort to attract a buyer, L.A.'s notorious House of Sin mansion, best known for its lewd, lascivious interiors, think neon lights, culturally appropriating theme rooms, and stripper poles, just got its very own drone-shot music video.... Read more on this news related to 'Appropriating'
- Spotswood will issue bonds to fund capital improvements
By GREG KENNELTY Staff Writer SPOTSWOOD — The Spotswood Borough Council unanimously adopted an ordinance appropriating funds for improvements including roadway work and a project at Michael Road Park. The ordinance was adopted after a public hearing at the Sept. 8 meeting. The measure allocates $845,000 for the projects and authorizes the issuance of $466,600 in Read more on this news related to 'Appropriating'