Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Appendix'
Appendix Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- supplementary material that is collected and appended at the back of a book
- a vestigial process that extends from the lower end of the cecum and that resembles a small pouch [syn: vermiform appendix, vermiform process, cecal appendage] [also: appendices (pl)]
- Appendix \Ap*pen"dix\, n.
The vermiform appendix.
- Appendix \Ap*pen"dix\, n.; pl. E. Appendixes, L. Appendices.
[L. appendix, -dicis, fr. appendere. See Append.]
- Something appended or added; an appendage, adjunct, or concomitant. Normandy became an appendix to England. --Sir M. Hale.
- Any literary matter added to a book, but not necessarily essential to its completeness, and thus distinguished from supplement, which is intended to supply deficiencies and correct inaccuracies. Syn: See Supplement.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Appendix'
- Appendix: Appendix may refer to: In documents: Addendum , any addition to a document, such as a book or legal contract. Bibliography , a systematic list ...
- Vermiform appendix: In human anatomy , the appendix (or vermiform appendix; also cecal (or caecal) appendix; also vermix) is a blind-ended tube connected to ...
- Appendix of epididymidis: It is named the appendix of the epididymis (or pedunculated hydatid), and is usually regarded as a detached efferent duct . the appendix ...
- Appendix of the laryngeal ventricle: The appendix of the laryngeal ventricle (also the laryngeal saccule, laryngeal pouch, or Hilton's pouch) is a diverticulum (membranous ...
Words and phrases related to 'Appendix'
Appendix Sample Sentences in News
- Appendix lawsuit: Surgeon forgets important step
Danielle Haynes BRONXVILLE, N.Y., April 11 (UPI) -- Lawsuit alleges surgeon realized appendix wasn't removed, but ignored it. Read more on this news related to 'Appendix'
- Appendicitis without surgery may be safe option for some kids
By Andrew M. Seaman NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Children with simple cases of appendicitis may be safely treated with antibiotics instead of surgery, suggests a new study. Forgoing surgery to remove the appendix may not be an option for all kids, researchers say, but just three of 30 children who tried the antibiotics-only route ended up needing surgery. "In Read more on this news related to 'Appendix'
- Appendix Lawsuit Claims The Doctor Forgot To Do The Surgery [Video]
When it comes to surgery for an appendix, a lawsuit claims the patient did not leave the hospital with that empty feeling they should have… because the appendix was still inside, having never been removed by the doctor. In a related report by The Inquisitr, medical malpractice lawsuits can sometimes be quite bizarre. For example, Read more on this news related to 'Appendix'