Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Appendix'
Appendix Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- supplementary material that is collected and appended at the back of a book
- a vestigial process that extends from the lower end of the cecum and that resembles a small pouch [syn: vermiform appendix, vermiform process, cecal appendage] [also: appendices (pl)]
- Appendix \Ap*pen"dix\, n.
The vermiform appendix.
- Appendix \Ap*pen"dix\, n.; pl. E. Appendixes, L. Appendices.
[L. appendix, -dicis, fr. appendere. See Append.]
- Something appended or added; an appendage, adjunct, or concomitant. Normandy became an appendix to England. --Sir M. Hale.
- Any literary matter added to a book, but not necessarily essential to its completeness, and thus distinguished from supplement, which is intended to supply deficiencies and correct inaccuracies. Syn: See Supplement.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Appendix'
- Appendix: Appendix may refer to: In documents: Addendum , any addition to a document, such as a book or legal contract. Bibliography , a systematic list ...
- Vermiform appendix: In human anatomy , the appendix (or vermiform appendix; also cecal (or caecal) appendix; also vermix) is a blind-ended tube connected to ...
- Appendix of epididymidis: It is named the appendix of the epididymis (or pedunculated hydatid), and is usually regarded as a detached efferent duct . the appendix ...
- Appendix of the laryngeal ventricle: The appendix of the laryngeal ventricle (also the laryngeal saccule, laryngeal pouch, or Hilton's pouch) is a diverticulum (membranous ...
Words and phrases related to 'Appendix'