Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Appendix'
Appendix Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- supplementary material that is collected and appended at the back of a book
- a vestigial process that extends from the lower end of the cecum and that resembles a small pouch [syn: vermiform appendix, vermiform process, cecal appendage] [also: appendices (pl)]
- Appendix \Ap*pen"dix\, n.
The vermiform appendix.
- Appendix \Ap*pen"dix\, n.; pl. E. Appendixes, L. Appendices.
[L. appendix, -dicis, fr. appendere. See Append.]
- Something appended or added; an appendage, adjunct, or concomitant. Normandy became an appendix to England. --Sir M. Hale.
- Any literary matter added to a book, but not necessarily essential to its completeness, and thus distinguished from supplement, which is intended to supply deficiencies and correct inaccuracies. Syn: See Supplement.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Appendix'
- Appendix: Appendix may refer to: In documents: Addendum , any addition to a document, such as a book or legal contract. Bibliography , a systematic list ...
- Vermiform appendix: In human anatomy , the appendix (or vermiform appendix; also cecal (or caecal) appendix; also vermix) is a blind-ended tube connected to ...
- Appendix of epididymidis: It is named the appendix of the epididymis (or pedunculated hydatid), and is usually regarded as a detached efferent duct . the appendix ...
- Appendix of the laryngeal ventricle: The appendix of the laryngeal ventricle (also the laryngeal saccule, laryngeal pouch, or Hilton's pouch) is a diverticulum (membranous ...
Words and phrases related to 'Appendix'
Appendix Sample Sentences in News
- Supplementary appendix
Diabetes mellitus is a major cause of death and disability worldwide and is a strong risk factor for stroke. Whether and to what extent the excess risk of stroke conferred by diabetes differs between the sexes is unknown. Read more on this news related to 'Appendix'
- Coalspur Mines Ltd (ASX:CPL) Advises Employee Issue of Securities
Vancouver, Canada, Mar 6, 2014 - (ABN Newswire) - Coalspur Mines Limited ("Coalspur" or "Company") (ASX:CPL) (TOR:CPT) advises that the attached appendix 3B relates to the issue of ... Read more on this news related to 'Appendix'
- Cancer of the appendix
Cancer of the appendix is a rare condition. Read more on this news related to 'Appendix'