Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Apparatuses'
Apparatuses Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Apparatus \Ap"pa*ratus\, n.; pl. Apparatus, also rarely
Apparatuses. [L., from apparare, apparatum, to prepare; ad
+ prepare to make ready.]
- Things provided as means to some end.
- Hence: A full collection or set of implements, or utensils, for a given duty, experimental or operative; any complex instrument or appliance, mechanical or chemical, for a specific action or operation; machinery; mechanism.
- (Physiol.) A collection of organs all of which unite in a common function; as, the respiratory apparatus.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Apparatuses'
Words and phrases related to 'Apparatuses'
Apparatuses Sample Sentences in News
- Perry Township Board of Trustees, meeting of July 1
Perry Township Board of Trustees agreed to purchase 20 self-contained breathing apparatuses, or life-support cylinders, for the Fire Department. Read more on this news related to 'Apparatuses'
- North Thompsonville Fire Department receives federal grant to buy breathing apparatuses
ENFIELD — The North Thompsonville Fire Department recently received more than $230,000 in federal money to purchase 55 self-contained breathing apparatuses. Read more on this news related to 'Apparatuses'
- Unusual Apparatuses
The Kala Art Institute fellows explore tension, ephemera, and aesthetic intrigue in their group show. by Sarah Burke Every year, Kala Art Institute awards nine emerging and innovative artists with fellowships involving a six-month studio residency that culminates in an exhibition. This past year's batch of talented creators is now displaying the work they prod Read more on this news related to 'Apparatuses'