Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Apparatuses'
Apparatuses Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Apparatus \Ap"pa*ratus\, n.; pl. Apparatus, also rarely
Apparatuses. [L., from apparare, apparatum, to prepare; ad
+ prepare to make ready.]
- Things provided as means to some end.
- Hence: A full collection or set of implements, or utensils, for a given duty, experimental or operative; any complex instrument or appliance, mechanical or chemical, for a specific action or operation; machinery; mechanism.
- (Physiol.) A collection of organs all of which unite in a common function; as, the respiratory apparatus.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Apparatuses'
Words and phrases related to 'Apparatuses'
Apparatuses Sample Sentences in News
- Comstock Fire Department to receive $389,000 grant to buy breathing apparatuses, other equipment
The $389,588 will come from the Assistance to Firefighters Grant program of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, part of the Department of Homeland Security. Read more on this news related to 'Apparatuses'
- Council 'disturbed' with fire chief's decision to chauffeur son, date to prom in engine
West Newton Borough Council advised the town fire department against using its apparatuses for personal use after the fire chief drove his son and date to the prom in one of the engines. Read more on this news related to 'Apparatuses'
- UK govt. exploits NGOs for spying
The world imperialism feels a potential need for presence in rival nations to make changes from inside despite there being all modern spying apparatuses. For this, the UK government, in particular, have been making social networks, training locals and picking up people in target countries and organizing Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) to have much influence Read more on this news related to 'Apparatuses'