Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Apparatuses'
Apparatuses Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Apparatus \Ap"pa*ratus\, n.; pl. Apparatus, also rarely
Apparatuses. [L., from apparare, apparatum, to prepare; ad
+ prepare to make ready.]
- Things provided as means to some end.
- Hence: A full collection or set of implements, or utensils, for a given duty, experimental or operative; any complex instrument or appliance, mechanical or chemical, for a specific action or operation; machinery; mechanism.
- (Physiol.) A collection of organs all of which unite in a common function; as, the respiratory apparatus.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Apparatuses'
Words and phrases related to 'Apparatuses'
Apparatuses Sample Sentences in News
- Facebook to expand 'cutting-edge' Swedish data centre
Facebook, the world's largest social network, said Friday it planned to expand its Swedish data centre, which it describes as "one of the greenest, most cutting-edge facilities" in the world. The Baltic port city of Luleaa in northern Sweden was chosen for the data centre because of the cold climate, reducing the need for cooling apparatuses, and the Read more on this news related to 'Apparatuses'
- Gymnastics takes second in meet with Maryland; Yale
The BG gymnastics team struggled on several apparatuses this weekend, posting a 48.050 on bars. Read more on this news related to 'Apparatuses'
- Police log
* John Gordon Plasse, 46, of 7 Grove St. on charges of unlawful possession of oxycodone, unlawful furnishing of scheduled drug, unlawful possession of scheduled drug, possession of hypodermic apparatuses and sale and use of drug paraphernalia, 7:58 p.m. Wednesday at 170 Center St. Read more on this news related to 'Apparatuses'