Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Apparatuses'
Apparatuses Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Apparatus \Ap"pa*ratus\, n.; pl. Apparatus, also rarely
Apparatuses. [L., from apparare, apparatum, to prepare; ad
+ prepare to make ready.]
- Things provided as means to some end.
- Hence: A full collection or set of implements, or utensils, for a given duty, experimental or operative; any complex instrument or appliance, mechanical or chemical, for a specific action or operation; machinery; mechanism.
- (Physiol.) A collection of organs all of which unite in a common function; as, the respiratory apparatus.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Apparatuses'
Words and phrases related to 'Apparatuses'
Apparatuses Sample Sentences in News
- Spy Games: NSA and CIA Allegedly Tried to Recruit World of Warcraft and Second Life Players
The Internet is vast in ways no country’s clandestine security apparatuses could have anticipated: there’s simply no way to police it all. But that hasn’t stopped the NSA and CIA from poking around in interactive entertainment back corners and alleyways, trawling games like World of Warcraft and Second Life for cyber-ne’er-do-wells, according to a new repo Read more on this news related to 'Apparatuses'