Anticlockwise Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- in the direction opposite to the rotation of the hands of a clock
- in a direction opposite to the direction in which the hands of a clock move; "please move counterclockwise in a circle!"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Anticlockwise'?
Anticlockwise Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
A clockwise movement is one that moves in a circle like the clock's hands: from the top to the right, then down, then to the left, and back to the top.
The opposite of clockwise is counterclockwise or anticlockwise. The movement is from the top to the left, then down, then to the right, and finally back up to the top.
Anticlockwise Sample Sentences in News
- Sports car spins on M25 near Leatherhead
Two lanes of the M25 were closed this afternoon after a black sports car spun and ended up facing the wrong way going anticlockwise past Leatherhead. Read more on this news related to 'Anticlockwise'
- IN PICTURES: Car flips upside down in Wolverhampton collision
The collision between two cars at 12.50pm closed the ring road anticlockwise between Chapel Ash Island and Penn Road Island, opposite Sainsbury's. Passers-by spoke of their shock at seeing the scenes black Seat Ibiza. Read more on this news related to 'Anticlockwise'
- Accident on M25 closes two lanes anticlockwise at Potters Bar.
The accident occurred around 9.30am on Tuesday morning and has resulted in delays of over 20 minutes. The Highways Agency have said that normal driving conditions are expected by 10.30am. Read more on this news related to 'Anticlockwise'