Antediluvian Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a very old (or old fashioned) person
- any of the early patriarchs who lived prior to the Deluge
- so extremely old as seeming to belong to an earlier period; "a ramshackle antediluvian tenement"; "antediluvian ideas"; "archaic laws"
- of or relating to the period before the Biblical flood; "Antediluvian man"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- any of the early patriarchs who lived prior to the Noachian deluge ,
- a very old person
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Antediluvian'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Antediluvian'
- Antediluvian: period with lower worldwide sea levels, see Last glacial period. The antediluvian (or pre-diluvian) period—meaning "before the deluge"—is the period referred
- Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes: The Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes (RAOB) is one of the largest fraternal organisations in the United Kingdom. The order started in 1822 and is
- Atlantis: The Antediluvian World: Atlantis: The Antediluvian World is a pseudoscientific book published in 1882 by Minnesota populist politician Ignatius L. Donnelly, who was born in Philadelphia
- Antediluvian Rocking Horse: Antediluvian Rocking Horse (formed 1994 Melbourne, Australia) is an audio project maintained by two core artists credited as DJ2 and DJ3. DJ2 is Paul Wain
Words and phrases related to 'Antediluvian'
Antediluvian Sample Sentences in News
- Tramon Williams waits while Packers talk contracts with Randall Cobb, Bryan Bulaga
INDIANAPOLIS – Some people see the number 32 when they look at Tramon Williams. His agent sees a different number: 140. Yes, the Green Bay Packers cornerback will turn 32 on March 16, and that's antediluvian to general manager Ted Thompson, who had only two players older than 31 on the roster last season. But this is what Williams' agent, Rodney Williams Read more on this news related to 'Antediluvian'
- Listen up antediluvians: David Pocock did the right thing, and that's that
There has been some extraordinary criticism this week, including from those who should know better, of David Pocock's action in calling out Jacques Potgieter's homophobic slurs against the Brumbies last Sunday afternoon. Read more on this news related to 'Antediluvian'