Antediluvian Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a very old (or old fashioned) person
- any of the early patriarchs who lived prior to the Deluge
- so extremely old as seeming to belong to an earlier period; "a ramshackle antediluvian tenement"; "antediluvian ideas"; "archaic laws"
- of or relating to the period before the Biblical flood; "Antediluvian man"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- any of the early patriarchs who lived prior to the Noachian deluge ,
- a very old person
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Antediluvian'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Antediluvian'
- Antediluvian: period with lower worldwide sea levels, see Last glacial period. The Antediluvian (alternatively Pre-Diluvian or Pre-Flood or even Tertiary) period—meaning
- Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes: The Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes (RAOB) is one of the largest fraternal organisations in the United Kingdom. The order started in 1822 and is
- Atlantis: The Antediluvian World: Atlantis: The Antediluvian World is a pseudoscientific book published in 1882 by Minnesota populist politician Ignatius L. Donnelly, who was born in Philadelphia
- Antediluvian Rocking Horse: Antediluvian Rocking Horse (formed 1994 St. Kilda, Australia) is an audio project maintained by two core artists credited as DJ2 and DJ3. DJ2 is Paul Wain
Words and phrases related to 'Antediluvian'