Antediluvian Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a very old (or old fashioned) person
- any of the early patriarchs who lived prior to the Deluge
- so extremely old as seeming to belong to an earlier period; "a ramshackle antediluvian tenement"; "antediluvian ideas"; "archaic laws"
- of or relating to the period before the Biblical flood; "Antediluvian man"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- any of the early patriarchs who lived prior to the Noachian deluge ,
- a very old person
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Antediluvian'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Antediluvian'
- Antediluvian: The antediluvian (or pre-diluvian) period – meaning "before the deluge" – is the period referred to in the Bible between the Fall of man ...
- Antediluvians (World of Darkness): Antediluvians is a term used by White Wolf Publishing in their fiction al role-playing game set in the World of Darkness , Vampire: The ...
- Atlantis: The Antediluvian World: Atlantis: The Antediluvian World is a pseudoscientific book published in 1882 by Minnesota populist politician Ignatius L. Donnelly , ...
- Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes: The Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes (RAOB) is one of the largest fraternal organisations in the United Kingdom The order started in ...
- Antediluvian Rocking Horse: Antediluvian Rocking Horse (formed 1994 Melbourne, Australia ) is an audio project maintained by two core artists credited as DJ2 and DJ3. ...
Words and phrases related to 'Antediluvian'