Angry Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- feeling or showing anger; "angry at the weather"; "angry customers"; "an angry silence"; "sending angry letters to the papers"
- (of the elements) as if showing violent anger; "angry clouds on the horizon"; "furious winds"; "the raging sea"
- severely inflamed and painful; "an angry sore"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Angry'?
Angry Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Anger is one of the basic emotions. It is an inherited response, and is common to all mammals and a number of other animals. It happens when we are threatened, offended, wronged, or denied something we really want or need. Rage is the strongest form of anger.
Anger is a normal emotion. It involves a strong, uncomfortable and emotional response to a provocation. • cognitive (appraisals), • tension and agitations • behaviours like withdrawing or antagonism.
Words and phrases related to 'Angry'
'Angry' example sentence in quotations
* It is easy to fly into a passion--anybody can do that--but to be angry with the right person and at the right time and with the right object and in the right way--that is not easy, and it is not everyone who can do it. - Aristotle
* Anyone can become angry. That is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not easy. - Aristotle
Click here for more related quotations on 'Angry'