Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Analytical'
Analytical Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- using or skilled in using analysis (i.e., separating a whole--intellectual or substantial--into its elemental parts or basic principles); "an analytic experiment"; "an analytic approach"; "a keenly analytic man"; "analytical reasoning"; "an analytical mind" [syn: analytic] [ant: synthetic]
- of a proposition that is necessarily true independent of fact or experience; "`all spinsters are unmarried' is an analytic proposition" [syn: analytic] [ant: synthetic]
- Analytic \An`a*lyt"ic\, Analytical \An`a*lyt"ic*al\, a. [Gr. ?:
cf. F. analytique. See Analysis.]
Of or pertaining to analysis; resolving into elements or
constituent parts; as, an analytical experiment; analytic
reasoning; -- opposed to synthetic.
Analytical or co["o]rdinate geometry. See under
Analytic language, a noninflectional language or one not
characterized by grammatical endings.
Analytical table (Nat. Hist.), a table in which the
characteristics of the species or other groups are
arranged so as to facilitate the determination of their
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Analytical'
- Analytical chemistry: Analytical chemistry is the study of the separation , identification, and ... Although modern analytical chemistry is dominated by ...
- Analytical psychology: Analytical psychology (or Jungian psychology) is the school of psychology ... Though they share similarities, analytical psychology is ...
- Analytical hierarchy: In mathematical logic and descriptive set theory , the analytical hierarchy is a higher type analogue of the arithmetical hierarchy . ...
- Analytical jurisprudence: Analytical jurisprudence is a legal theory that draws on the resources of modern analytical philosophy to try to understand the nature of ...
- Analytical technique: An analytical technique is a method that is used to determine the concentration of a chemical compound or chemical element . ...
Words and phrases related to 'Analytical'
Analytical Sample Sentences in News
- Analytical Systems Keco Provides Only Laboratory Detection Method Specific To H2S
Analytical Systems Keco, a Houston-based gas refining, manufacturing and transporting processes analysis firm, recently released the 205L Laboratory H2S in Liquids Analyzer. The 205L Laboratory H2S in Liquids Analyzer has the ability to analytically quantify H2S liquids such as crude oil, fuel oil, naphtha, water, diesel, and gasoline Read more on this news related to 'Analytical'
- The Analytical: Breaking down Kansas State vs Stephen F. Austin by the numbers
Nugget took a deeper statistical look at the Stephen F. Austin game, and the results may surprise you (or not, it was a dominant KSU victory). Read more on this news related to 'Analytical'
- Before Computers, People Programmed Looms
Before IBM, before punch-card computers, before Charles Babbage's Analytical Engine , one of the very first machines that could run something like what we now call a "program" was used to make ... Read more on this news related to 'Analytical'