Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Analytical'
Analytical Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- using or skilled in using analysis (i.e., separating a whole--intellectual or substantial--into its elemental parts or basic principles); "an analytic experiment"; "an analytic approach"; "a keenly analytic man"; "analytical reasoning"; "an analytical mind" [syn: analytic] [ant: synthetic]
- of a proposition that is necessarily true independent of fact or experience; "`all spinsters are unmarried' is an analytic proposition" [syn: analytic] [ant: synthetic]
- Analytic \An`a*lyt"ic\, Analytical \An`a*lyt"ic*al\, a. [Gr. ?:
cf. F. analytique. See Analysis.]
Of or pertaining to analysis; resolving into elements or
constituent parts; as, an analytical experiment; analytic
reasoning; -- opposed to synthetic.
Analytical or co["o]rdinate geometry. See under
Analytic language, a noninflectional language or one not
characterized by grammatical endings.
Analytical table (Nat. Hist.), a table in which the
characteristics of the species or other groups are
arranged so as to facilitate the determination of their
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Analytical'
- Analytical chemistry: Analytical chemistry is the study of the separation , identification, and ... Although modern analytical chemistry is dominated by ...
- Analytical psychology: Analytical psychology (or Jungian psychology) is the school of psychology ... Though they share similarities, analytical psychology is ...
- Analytical hierarchy: In mathematical logic and descriptive set theory , the analytical hierarchy is a higher type analogue of the arithmetical hierarchy . ...
- Analytical jurisprudence: Analytical jurisprudence is a legal theory that draws on the resources of modern analytical philosophy to try to understand the nature of ...
- Analytical technique: An analytical technique is a method that is used to determine the concentration of a chemical compound or chemical element . ...
Words and phrases related to 'Analytical'
Analytical Sample Sentences in News
- New ASTM D7668 Method for PAC's Herzog CID 510
PAC, a leading global provider of advanced analytical instruments for laboratories and online process applications, developed the newly released ASTM D7668 "Standard Test Method for Determination ... Read more on this news related to 'Analytical'
- Research and Markets: Global Process Analytical Instrument Market 2014-2018 with ABB Ltd., Siemens AG and PerkinElmer ...
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Process Analytical Instrument Market 2014-2018" re Read more on this news related to 'Analytical'
- AC Analytical Controls(R) Reformulyzer(R) M4 Fully Complies With EN ISO 22854 Method
PAC's AC Analytical Controls Reformulyzer M4 fully complies with the recently released revision of the multi-dimensional GC method EN ISO 22854 method, "Liquid petroleum products -- Determination ... Read more on this news related to 'Analytical'