Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Analytical'
Analytical Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- using or skilled in using analysis (i.e., separating a whole--intellectual or substantial--into its elemental parts or basic principles); "an analytic experiment"; "an analytic approach"; "a keenly analytic man"; "analytical reasoning"; "an analytical mind" [syn: analytic] [ant: synthetic]
- of a proposition that is necessarily true independent of fact or experience; "`all spinsters are unmarried' is an analytic proposition" [syn: analytic] [ant: synthetic]
- Analytic \An`a*lyt"ic\, Analytical \An`a*lyt"ic*al\, a. [Gr. ?:
cf. F. analytique. See Analysis.]
Of or pertaining to analysis; resolving into elements or
constituent parts; as, an analytical experiment; analytic
reasoning; -- opposed to synthetic.
Analytical or co["o]rdinate geometry. See under
Analytic language, a noninflectional language or one not
characterized by grammatical endings.
Analytical table (Nat. Hist.), a table in which the
characteristics of the species or other groups are
arranged so as to facilitate the determination of their
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Analytical'
- Analytical chemistry: Analytical chemistry is the study of the separation , identification, and ... Although modern analytical chemistry is dominated by ...
- Analytical psychology: Analytical psychology (or Jungian psychology) is the school of psychology ... Though they share similarities, analytical psychology is ...
- Analytical hierarchy: In mathematical logic and descriptive set theory , the analytical hierarchy is a higher type analogue of the arithmetical hierarchy . ...
- Analytical jurisprudence: Analytical jurisprudence is a legal theory that draws on the resources of modern analytical philosophy to try to understand the nature of ...
- Analytical technique: An analytical technique is a method that is used to determine the concentration of a chemical compound or chemical element . ...
Words and phrases related to 'Analytical'