Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Anabasis'
Anabasis Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Anabasis \A*nab"a*sis\, n. [Gr. ?, fr. ? to go up; ? up + ? to
- A journey or expedition up from the coast, like that of the younger Cyrus into Central Asia, described by Xenophon in his work called ``The Anabasis.'' The anabasis of Napoleon. --De Quincey.
- (Med.) The first period, or increase, of a disease; augmentation. [Obs.]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Anabasis'
- Anabasis: Anabasis (from Greek ana "upward", bainein "go") is an expedition from a coastline up into the interior of a country. Katabasis , by ...
- Anabasis (Xenophon): Anabasis (Ἀνάβασις - Greek for "going up") is the most famous work, in seven books, of the Greek professional soldier and writer Xenophon ...
- Anabasis Alexandri: Anabasis Alexandri (Greek. Ἀλεξάνδρου ἀνάβασις Alexándrou anábasis. the Campaigns of Alexander by Arrian is the most important source on ...