Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Anabasis'
Anabasis Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Anabasis \A*nab"a*sis\, n. [Gr. ?, fr. ? to go up; ? up + ? to
- A journey or expedition up from the coast, like that of the younger Cyrus into Central Asia, described by Xenophon in his work called ``The Anabasis.'' The anabasis of Napoleon. --De Quincey.
- (Med.) The first period, or increase, of a disease; augmentation. [Obs.]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Anabasis'
- Anabasis: Anabasis (from Greek ana "upward", bainein "go") is an expedition from a coastline up into the interior of a country. Katabasis , by ...
- Anabasis (Xenophon): Anabasis (Ἀνάβασις - Greek for "going up") is the most famous work, in seven books, of the Greek professional soldier and writer Xenophon ...
- Anabasis Alexandri: Anabasis Alexandri (Greek. Ἀλεξάνδρου ἀνάβασις Alexándrou anábasis. the Campaigns of Alexander by Arrian is the most important source on ...
Words and phrases related to 'Anabasis'
Anabasis Sample Sentences in News
- No current Anabasis news