Amenable Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- disposed or willing to comply; "someone amenable to persuasion"; "the spirit indeed is willing but the flesh is weak"- Matthew 26:41
- liable to answer to a higher authority; " the president is amenable to the constitutional court"
- readily reacting to suggestions and influences; "a responsive student"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Amenable'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Amenable'
- Amenable group: In mathematics, an amenable group is a locally compact topological group G carrying a kind of averaging operation on bounded functions that is invariant
- Amenable Banach algebra: A Banach algebra, A, is amenable if all bounded derivations from A into dual Banach A-bimodules are inner (that is of the form
- Elementary amenable group: groups when applied to amenable groups. Since finite groups and abelian groups are amenable, every elementary amenable group is amenable - however, the converse
- Amenable number: An amenable number is a positive integer for which there exists a multiset of as many integers as the original number that both add up to the original
- Amenable species: Amenable species is a term used within the context of USDA’s meat and poultry inspection program to signify exotic species (livestock and fowl not covered
Words and phrases related to 'Amenable'