Agree Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- consent or assent to a condition, or agree to do something; "She agreed to all my conditions"; "He agreed to leave her alone"
- be in accord; be in agreement; "We agreed on the terms of the settlement"; "I can''t agree with you!"; "I hold with those who say life is sacred"; "Both philosophers concord on this point"
- achieve harmony of opinion, feeling, or purpose; "No two of my colleagues would agree on whom to elect chairman"
- be agreeable or suitable; "White wine doesn''t agree with me"
- be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics; "The two stories don''t agree in many details"; "The handwriting checks with the signature on the check"; "The suspect''s fingerprints don''t match those on the gun"
- go together; "The colors don''t harmonize"; "Their ideas concorded"
- show grammatical agreement; "Subjects and verbs must always agree in English"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Agree'?
Agree Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
A promise or act on part of offeree indicating a willingness to be bound by terms and conditions contained in an offer.
When people feel or think the same way about something, they agree. Sometimes it is important to write down or make a promise to what has been agreed on. This is called an agreement. Agreements are common in law and business. For example, when a person takes out a loan or hires someone to work, an agreement is usually signed so everyone understands what must be done and in what time it must be done.
Words and phrases related to 'Agree'
'Agree' example sentence in quotations
* 'The world is a fine place and worth fighting for.' I agree with the second part. - Ernest Hemingway
* We rarely think that people have good sense unless they agree with us. - La Rochefoucauld
Click here for more related quotations on 'Agree'