Aggressive Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- having or showing determination and energetic pursuit of your ends; "an aggressive businessman"; "an aggressive basketball player"; "he was aggressive and imperious; positive in his convictions"; "aggressive drivers"
- marked by aggressive ambition and energy and initiative; "an aggressive young exective"; "a pushful insurance agent"; "a pushing youth intent on getting on in the world"
- characteristic of an enemy or one eager to fight; "aggressive acts against another country"; "a belligerent tone"
- tending to spread quickly; "an aggressive tumor"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Aggressive'?
Aggressive Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Aggression refers to behavior between members of the same species that is intended to cause humiliation, pain, or harm.
Ferguson and Beaver defined aggressive behavior as "Behavior which is intended to increase the social dominance of the organism relative to the dominance position of other organisms”
Aggression takes a variety of forms among humans and can be physical, mental, or verbal.
There are two types of aggression - hostile, affective aggression and instrumental, predatory, or goal-oriented aggression.
Words and phrases related to 'Aggressive'
'Aggressive' example sentence in quotations
Click here for more related quotations on 'Aggressive'
Aggressive Sample Sentences in News
- S&P Dow Jones Planning ‘Aggressive’ Expansion of Bond Indexes
S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC is planning an “aggressive” expansion of its fixed-income index business, saying it’s tapping into demand for benchmarks not controlled by bond dealers. Read more on this news related to 'Aggressive'
- On duty with the CHP: Don’t be an aggressive driver
The best way to avoid aggressive drivers is to move over and let them pass. Click to Continue » Read more on this news related to 'Aggressive'
- SpiceJet Sticks to Aggressive Discounts Under New Owner
The fare slash is aimed to shore up revenues during the lean travel season - between January and the start of the summer break in May, analysts say. Read more on this news related to 'Aggressive'