Aggressive Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- having or showing determination and energetic pursuit of your ends; "an aggressive businessman"; "an aggressive basketball player"; "he was aggressive and imperious; positive in his convictions"; "aggressive drivers"
- marked by aggressive ambition and energy and initiative; "an aggressive young exective"; "a pushful insurance agent"; "a pushing youth intent on getting on in the world"
- characteristic of an enemy or one eager to fight; "aggressive acts against another country"; "a belligerent tone"
- tending to spread quickly; "an aggressive tumor"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Aggressive'?
Aggressive Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Aggression refers to behavior between members of the same species that is intended to cause humiliation, pain, or harm.
Ferguson and Beaver defined aggressive behavior as "Behavior which is intended to increase the social dominance of the organism relative to the dominance position of other organisms”
Aggression takes a variety of forms among humans and can be physical, mental, or verbal.
There are two types of aggression - hostile, affective aggression and instrumental, predatory, or goal-oriented aggression.
Words and phrases related to 'Aggressive'
'Aggressive' example sentence in quotations
Click here for more related quotations on 'Aggressive'
Aggressive Sample Sentences in News
- Trout talks being aggressive at plate, backs it up right away
Mike Trout has talked previously about his desire to take advantage of pitchers' early mistakes and not fall into too many two-strike counts, which tend to lend themselves to a high strikeout total. In his first Cactus League at-bat on Thursday, he swung at a first-pitch fastball from Brewers veteran Kyle Lohse and skied it to right-center field, a towering fl Read more on this news related to 'Aggressive'
- Aggressive boys tend to develop into physically stronger teens
Boys who show aggressive tendencies develop greater physical strength as teenagers than boys who are not aggressive, according to new research. Research has suggested a link between male upper-body strength and aggressive tendencies, but the mechanisms that account for the link are not well understood. Read more on this news related to 'Aggressive'
- Ex-head teacher 'never aggressive'
Former primary school head teacher Jill Evans denies acting in an aggressive or threatening way towards members of staff. Read more on this news related to 'Aggressive'