Aggressive Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- having or showing determination and energetic pursuit of your ends; "an aggressive businessman"; "an aggressive basketball player"; "he was aggressive and imperious; positive in his convictions"; "aggressive drivers"
- marked by aggressive ambition and energy and initiative; "an aggressive young exective"; "a pushful insurance agent"; "a pushing youth intent on getting on in the world"
- characteristic of an enemy or one eager to fight; "aggressive acts against another country"; "a belligerent tone"
- tending to spread quickly; "an aggressive tumor"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Aggressive'?
Aggressive Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Aggression refers to behavior between members of the same species that is intended to cause humiliation, pain, or harm.
Ferguson and Beaver defined aggressive behavior as "Behavior which is intended to increase the social dominance of the organism relative to the dominance position of other organisms”
Aggression takes a variety of forms among humans and can be physical, mental, or verbal.
There are two types of aggression - hostile, affective aggression and instrumental, predatory, or goal-oriented aggression.
Words and phrases related to 'Aggressive'
'Aggressive' example sentence in quotations
Click here for more related quotations on 'Aggressive'
Aggressive Sample Sentences in News
- This Week's Aggressive Growth Stock Picks - Video Blog
Aggressive Growth Stock Strategist Brian Bolan takes a look at a couple of semiconductor stocks. Read more on this news related to 'Aggressive'
- Aggressive breast cancer 'switch' identified
Sydney, March 29 (IANS) Australian researchers have identified a gene that drives an aggressive form of breast cancer, and they hope to find a way to "switch it off". The study's main finding that a gene known as "inhibitor of differentiation 4" (ID4) not only "marks" but appears to control the highly aggressive form of triple neg Read more on this news related to 'Aggressive'
- Newly enlisted T-cell 'policemen' can slow down run-away immune system, scientist says
Researchers have discovered that potentially aggressive T-cells that might lead to auto-immune disease can instead be enlisted to help "police" over-active immune responses, via the molecule CD5. This new breakthrough may open the door to design better treatments for autoimmune diseases, they say. Read more on this news related to 'Aggressive'