Aggressive Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- having or showing determination and energetic pursuit of your ends; "an aggressive businessman"; "an aggressive basketball player"; "he was aggressive and imperious; positive in his convictions"; "aggressive drivers"
- marked by aggressive ambition and energy and initiative; "an aggressive young exective"; "a pushful insurance agent"; "a pushing youth intent on getting on in the world"
- characteristic of an enemy or one eager to fight; "aggressive acts against another country"; "a belligerent tone"
- tending to spread quickly; "an aggressive tumor"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Aggressive'?
Aggressive Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Aggression refers to behavior between members of the same species that is intended to cause humiliation, pain, or harm.
Ferguson and Beaver defined aggressive behavior as "Behavior which is intended to increase the social dominance of the organism relative to the dominance position of other organisms”
Aggression takes a variety of forms among humans and can be physical, mental, or verbal.
There are two types of aggression - hostile, affective aggression and instrumental, predatory, or goal-oriented aggression.
Words and phrases related to 'Aggressive'
'Aggressive' example sentence in quotations
Click here for more related quotations on 'Aggressive'
Aggressive Sample Sentences in News
- Aggressive Bear Attacks, Kills Fayette Co. Woman’s Goat, Donkey
Bear sightings are not uncommon this time of year, but one in Fayette County was especially alarming. Read more on this news related to 'Aggressive'
- Aggressive expansion plans for iPad software company
Stellar Library, a cloud-based document management system for iPads, is embarking on an aggressive expansion plan following a recent injection of capital by high profile New Zealand investor Andrew Bagnall. "The initial response from our existing clients has confirmed our confidence in our product and we’re now moving to a global marketing effort to take ad Read more on this news related to 'Aggressive'
- A 'generation to change bank culture'
A "toxic" and "aggressive" culture inside British banks will take a generation to change, according to a report from Cass Business School and New City Agenda. Read more on this news related to 'Aggressive'