Aggressive Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- having or showing determination and energetic pursuit of your ends; "an aggressive businessman"; "an aggressive basketball player"; "he was aggressive and imperious; positive in his convictions"; "aggressive drivers"
- marked by aggressive ambition and energy and initiative; "an aggressive young exective"; "a pushful insurance agent"; "a pushing youth intent on getting on in the world"
- characteristic of an enemy or one eager to fight; "aggressive acts against another country"; "a belligerent tone"
- tending to spread quickly; "an aggressive tumor"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Aggressive'?
Aggressive Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Aggression refers to behavior between members of the same species that is intended to cause humiliation, pain, or harm.
Ferguson and Beaver defined aggressive behavior as "Behavior which is intended to increase the social dominance of the organism relative to the dominance position of other organisms”
Aggression takes a variety of forms among humans and can be physical, mental, or verbal.
There are two types of aggression - hostile, affective aggression and instrumental, predatory, or goal-oriented aggression.
Words and phrases related to 'Aggressive'
'Aggressive' example sentence in quotations
Click here for more related quotations on 'Aggressive'
Aggressive Sample Sentences in News
- Google Panda and the High Risk of Using Aggressive or Deceptive Advertising
Aggressive or deceptive advertising tactics can heavily impact user engagement, which in turn can cause serious Panda issues. Learn how to avoid, and deal with, advertising tactics that ring the Panda dinner bell. Read more on this news related to 'Aggressive'
- Gold Hits Six-Week High, Aggressive SPX 500 Recovery Continues
Gold Hits Six-Week High, Aggressive SPX 500 Recovery Continues Read more on this news related to 'Aggressive'
- Mazzarri wants 'fast and aggressive' Inter for Napoli
Milan (AFP) - Under-fire Inter coach Walter Mazzarri has called for a "fast and aggressive" approach to Sunday's home clash against former club Napoli amid rumours a third consecutive defeat could prompt his dismissal. Read more on this news related to 'Aggressive'