Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Aggrandizing'
Aggrandizing Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Aggrandize \Ag"gran*dize\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Aggrandized; p.
pr. & vb. n. Aggrandizing.] [F. agrandir; [`a] (L. ad) +
grandir to increase, L. grandire, fr. grandis great. See
Grand, and cf. Finish.]
- To make great; to enlarge; to increase; as, to aggrandize our conceptions, authority, distress.
- To make great or greater in power, rank, honor, or wealth; -- applied to persons, countries, etc. His scheme for aggrandizing his son. --Prescott.
- To make appear great or greater; to exalt. --Lamb. Syn: To augment; exalt; promote; advance.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Aggrandizing'
Words and phrases related to 'Aggrandizing'
Aggrandizing Sample Sentences in News
- What are America's fastest-rising baby names?
Experts say Social Security Administration's annual list shows parents' penchant for "aggrandizing" monikers with high expectations Read more on this news related to 'Aggrandizing'
- Arya for a girl, Major for a boy fastest-rising U.S. baby names; Sophia and Jacob still top picks
A name expert said Americans have long given their children “aggrandizing names.” She noted that Noble and General were on the list of popular boys’ names for much of the 20th century Read more on this news related to 'Aggrandizing'
- US Door & More Inc, Entry Door Company, Launches Affiliate Program
The latest launched Affiliate Program by US Door & More Inc. invites website and blog owners to promote various exterior doors, entry doors, interior doors, and French doors manufactured by them. In return the company offers commission payments aggrandizing income. (PRWeb May 10, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/5/prweb10683053.htm Read more on this news related to 'Aggrandizing'