Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Aggrandizing'
Aggrandizing Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Aggrandize \Ag"gran*dize\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Aggrandized; p.
pr. & vb. n. Aggrandizing.] [F. agrandir; [`a] (L. ad) +
grandir to increase, L. grandire, fr. grandis great. See
Grand, and cf. Finish.]
- To make great; to enlarge; to increase; as, to aggrandize our conceptions, authority, distress.
- To make great or greater in power, rank, honor, or wealth; -- applied to persons, countries, etc. His scheme for aggrandizing his son. --Prescott.
- To make appear great or greater; to exalt. --Lamb. Syn: To augment; exalt; promote; advance.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Aggrandizing'
Words and phrases related to 'Aggrandizing'
Aggrandizing Sample Sentences in News
- Another View: Federal 'shield law' would protect the watchdogs and the public
The exploits of Edward Snowden — from his asylum-seeking tours of China and Russia to his self-aggrandizing interviews — make it look as if leakers are a bunch of publicity hounds. Read more on this news related to 'Aggrandizing'
- U.S. needs federal shield law to protect press freedom: Other View
The exploits of Edward Snowden - from his asylum-seeking tours of China and Russia to his self-aggrandizing interviews - make it look as if leakers are a bunch of publicity hounds. Read more on this news related to 'Aggrandizing'
- Fact-Checking Dominique Ansel's Dramatic Cronut Instagram
The Cronut™ has inspired slavish devotion and flowery verse, but yesterday's self-aggrandizing, maudlin press release on the bakery's re-opening after a " severe mouse infestation "—and the accompanying Instagram photo from Dominique Ansel Bakery on today's special "Rocky Cronut" —awakened our appetite for the Truth. Join us, Read more on this news related to 'Aggrandizing'