Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Afterwards'
adv : happening at a time subsequent to a reference time; "he
apologized subsequently"; "he's going to the store but
he'll be back here later"; "it didn't happen until
afterward"; "two hours after that" [syn: subsequently,
later, afterward, after, later on]
- Afterwards \Aft"er*wards\, Afterward \Aft"er*ward\, adv. [AS.
[ae]fteweard, a., behind. See Aft, and -ward (suffix).
The final s in afterwards is adverbial, orig. a genitive
At a later or succeeding time.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Afterwards'
Afterwards (French: Et après) is a 2009 English-language psychological thriller film directed by Gilles Bourdos and starring Romain Duris, John Malkovich and Evangeline Lilly. Based on Guillaume Musso's novel Et après..., the story tells of a workaholic lawyer who is told by a self-proclaimed visionary that he must try to prevent his imminent death. The film was shot in New York City, Montreal and various New Mexico locations over June–July 2007, and had a French release in January 2009.
Nathan Del Amico (Duris) is a career-driven New York lawyer who has neglected his wife (Lilly) and daughter as a result of his professional success and increasing obsession with his work. He meets Joseph Kay (Malkovich), a doctor who claims that he can foresee other people's deaths, and that he is a "messenger" sent to help Nathan put his life in order before he dies.[See more about Afterwards at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Afterwards'
'Afterwards' in famous quotation sentence
* Don't be discouraged by a failure. It can be a positive experience. Failure is, in a sense, the highway to success, inasmuch as every discovery of what is false leads us to seek earnestly after what is true, and every fresh experience points out some form of error which we shall afterwards carefully avoid. - John Keats
* Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems. - Rene Descartes
Click here for more related quotations on 'Afterwards'
Afterwards Sample Sentences in News
- Jose Mourinho reiterates old apology for 2005 Arsene Wenger jibe after his latest attack
Jose Mourinho continued his wonderfully entertaining scorched earth approach to discussing rivals in press conferences by calling Arsene Wenger "a specialist in failure." But afterwards, he also showed a bit of remorse for an old jab at Wenger. Because the … Continue reading → Read more on this news related to 'Afterwards'
- Pregnant Katie Piper: A hot bath equals lying on the bed like a hippo for 30 minutes afterwards
The presenter is needing lots of rest Read more on this news related to 'Afterwards'
- Wisconsin prep delivers one of the most vicious 'legal' hockey hits you'll ever see
This massive prep hockey hit was ruled clean by officials and an announcer who declared, "That's how you play the game," but the recipient of the blow probably wanted to hit the showers soon afterwards. According to numbers listed on WisconsinPrepHockey.net rosters, Wisconsin Rapids Lincoln junior defenseman Grant Scharmer lines up this vicious hit o Read more on this news related to 'Afterwards'