Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Aftermath'
Aftermath Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the consequences of an event (especially a catastrophic event); "the aftermath of war"; "in the wake of the accident no one knew how many had been injured" [syn: wake, backwash]
- the outcome of an event especially as relative to an individual; "that result is of no consequence" [syn: consequence]
- Aftermath \Aft"er*math\, n. [After + math. See Math.]
A second moving; the grass which grows after the first crop
of hay in the same season; rowen. --Holland.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Aftermath'
- Aftermath!: Aftermath! is a role-playing game created by Paul Hume & Robert Charette which was published in 1981 by Fantasy Games Unlimited . ...
- Aftermath: Aftermath may refer to. Literature : The Aftermath (novella), an unpublished novella by Stephen King. Aftermath (Peter Robinson novel) ...
- Aftermath Entertainment: Aftermath Entertainment is an American record label founded by Dr. Dre . It operates as a subsidiary of, and is distributed through, ...
- Aftermath (The Rolling Stones album): Aftermath, first released on 15 April 1966 by Decca Records , is the fourth British studio album by The Rolling Stones . It was released ...
- Aftermath of World War I: During and in the aftermath of the war the political, cultural, and social order was drastically changed in Europe, Asia and Africa, even ...
- Aftermath of the September 11 attacks: Economic aftermath: date September 2009 The attacks had significant economic repercussions for the United States and world markets. ...
Words and phrases related to 'Aftermath'
Aftermath Sample Sentences in News
- Aftermath Services’ Raffle Will Help Winning Police Department Purchase a K-9
Police departments across the country can now enter the Aftermath Services, LLC K-9 drawing, which will give away a $5,000 prize that the winning department can apply toward the purchase or training of a police K-9. Aftermath holds this annual drawing to show support for law enforcement authorities and help one police department improve its operations and efficien Read more on this news related to 'Aftermath'
- Aftermath of fierce battle shows rout of Ukrainian troops as Russia's Putin talks tough
The ferocity of the attack on the fleeing Ukrainian troops was clear, days after the ambush by Russian-backed separatist forces. More than 30 military vehicles lay in charred piles Tuesday. The rout early Sunday near the village of Novokaterynivka marked a major intensification in the rebel offensive, one that the Ukrainian government, NATO and the United States s Read more on this news related to 'Aftermath'
- Solera Bank mortgage lending division quit in aftermath of proxy fight
In the aftermath of a testy proxy battle this summer for control at Solera National Bancorp — one that included the resignation of its board of directors and the subsequent firing of its Read more on this news related to 'Aftermath'