Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Aftermath'
Aftermath Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the consequences of an event (especially a catastrophic event); "the aftermath of war"; "in the wake of the accident no one knew how many had been injured" [syn: wake, backwash]
- the outcome of an event especially as relative to an individual; "that result is of no consequence" [syn: consequence]
- Aftermath \Aft"er*math\, n. [After + math. See Math.]
A second moving; the grass which grows after the first crop
of hay in the same season; rowen. --Holland.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Aftermath'
- Aftermath!: Aftermath! is a role-playing game created by Paul Hume & Robert Charette which was published in 1981 by Fantasy Games Unlimited . ...
- Aftermath: Aftermath may refer to. Literature : The Aftermath (novella), an unpublished novella by Stephen King. Aftermath (Peter Robinson novel) ...
- Aftermath Entertainment: Aftermath Entertainment is an American record label founded by Dr. Dre . It operates as a subsidiary of, and is distributed through, ...
- Aftermath (The Rolling Stones album): Aftermath, first released on 15 April 1966 by Decca Records , is the fourth British studio album by The Rolling Stones . It was released ...
- Aftermath of World War I: During and in the aftermath of the war the political, cultural, and social order was drastically changed in Europe, Asia and Africa, even ...
- Aftermath of the September 11 attacks: Economic aftermath: date September 2009 The attacks had significant economic repercussions for the United States and world markets. ...
Words and phrases related to 'Aftermath'
Aftermath Sample Sentences in News
- Evanescence's Amy Lee details solo album 'Aftermath'
Annie Martin NEW YORK, Aug. 12 (UPI) -- Amy Lee's first solo album is a soundtrack for the film "War Story," made in collaboration with composer and cellist Dave Eggar. Read more on this news related to 'Aftermath'
- Ferguson killing: new video of Michael Brown shooting aftermath emerges
Piaget Crenshaw videoed the immediate aftermath of the shooting of unarmed 18-year-old Michael Brown that has sparked racially charged clashes and riots in the St Louis suburb of Ferguson Read more on this news related to 'Aftermath'
- Live Updates: Aftermath of the Shooting
The New York Times is following developments in Missouri, where Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. visited on Wednesday. Read more on this news related to 'Aftermath'