Affray Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a noisy fight
- noisy quarrel
Definitions from Wiktionary
- noisy quarrel ,
- a noisy fight
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Affray'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Affray'
- Affray: the British submarine, see HMS Affray (P421). In many legal jurisdictions related to English common law, affray is a public order offence consisting
- HMS Affray (P421): HMS Affray, a British Amphion-class submarine was the last Royal Navy submarine to be lost at sea, on 16 April 1951, with the loss of 75 lives. All vessels
- USS Affray (MSO-511): For other ships of the same name, see USS Affray. USS Affray (AM-511/MSO-511) was an Acme-class minesweeper acquired by the U.S. Navy for the task of removing
- USS Affray (AMc-112): For other ships of the same name, see USS Affray. USS Affray (AMc-112) was an Acme-class minesweeper acquired by the U.S. Navy for the dangerous task of
- Desperate Poaching Affray: Desperate Poaching Affray (known in the United States as The Poachers) is a 1903 British chase film by William Haggar. Three minutes long, the film is
- USS Affray: United States Navy have been named Affray. The USS Affray (AMc-112), a minesweeper in service 2 December 1941. The USS Affray (MSO-511), a minesweeper commissioned
- Wairau Affray: The Wairau Affray (called the Wairau Massacre in many older texts), on 17 June 1843, was the first serious clash of arms between Māori and the British
Affray Sample Sentences in News
- Assault, affray and criminal damage - 119 road rage incidents in Dorset over past three years
ASSAULT, affray and criminal damage have all been caused after drivers saw red on Dorset's roads. Read more on this news related to 'Affray'
- Bare-knuckle fist fighters given suspended sentences
Patrick Ward and Barney McGinley pleaded guilty to affray at Carrowbrowne Halting Site Read more on this news related to 'Affray'
- Knife-wielding Bideford clubber charged with affray
Lee appeared in court on Friday. A 20-YEAR-OLD brandished a knife and made “cutting and jabbing actions” after a night out in Bideford. He appeared in North Devon Magistrates’ Court last Friday mar 27 corrcharged with affray and two counts of threatening a person with a blade in a public place. Read more on this news related to 'Affray'