Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Advising'
Advising Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Advise \Ad*vise"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Advised; p. pr. & vb.
n. Advising.] [OE. avisen to perceive, consider, inform, F.
aviser, fr. LL. advisare. advisare; ad + visare, fr. L.
videre, visum, to see. See Advice, and cf. Avise.]
- To give advice to; to offer an opinion, as worthy or expedient to be followed; to counsel; to warn. ``I shall no more advise thee.'' --Milton.
- To give information or notice to; to inform; -- with of before the thing communicated; as, we were advised of the risk. To advise one's self, to bethink one's self; to take counsel with one's self; to reflect; to consider. [Obs.] Bid thy master well advise himself. --Shak. Syn: To counsel; admonish; apprise; acquaint.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Advising'
- Academic advising: Academic advising, based in the teaching and learning mission of higher education , is a series of intentional interactions with a ...
- Advising bank: An advising bank (also known as a notifying bank) advises a beneficiary (exporter) that a letter of credit (L/C) opened by an issuing ...
- National Academic Advising Association: The National Academic Advising Association (NACADA: The Global Community for ... association of individuals engaged in the work of academic advising . ...
Words and phrases related to 'Advising'
Advising Sample Sentences in News
- Tony Blair's Kazakhstan role has failed to improve human rights, activists say
Situation has deteriorated since former prime minister began advising on good governance, according to Kazakh opposition leader Tony Blair's multimillion-pound deal to advise Kazakhstan's leadership on good governance has produced no change for the better or advance of democratic rights in the authoritarian nation, freedom campaigners say. At the end of Bl Read more on this news related to 'Advising'
- Changes to be expected for comprehensive Health Sciences Advising Center
In March, a forum was held between administration and students to discuss and clarify coming changes concerning Health Sciences Advising (HSA) on campus. Under the proposed changes, HSA would serve as its own entity separate from any specific college, with its own program director still yet to be hired. The forum was one of many to come, held to inform and receive Read more on this news related to 'Advising'
- JPMorgan said to be advising Oman Oil on credit rating plans
JPMorgan said to be advising Oman Oil on credit rating plans Read more on this news related to 'Advising'