Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Advising'
Advising Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Advise \Ad*vise"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Advised; p. pr. & vb.
n. Advising.] [OE. avisen to perceive, consider, inform, F.
aviser, fr. LL. advisare. advisare; ad + visare, fr. L.
videre, visum, to see. See Advice, and cf. Avise.]
- To give advice to; to offer an opinion, as worthy or expedient to be followed; to counsel; to warn. ``I shall no more advise thee.'' --Milton.
- To give information or notice to; to inform; -- with of before the thing communicated; as, we were advised of the risk. To advise one's self, to bethink one's self; to take counsel with one's self; to reflect; to consider. [Obs.] Bid thy master well advise himself. --Shak. Syn: To counsel; admonish; apprise; acquaint.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Advising'
- Academic advising: Academic advising, based in the teaching and learning mission of higher education , is a series of intentional interactions with a ...
- Advising bank: An advising bank (also known as a notifying bank) advises a beneficiary (exporter) that a letter of credit (L/C) opened by an issuing ...
- National Academic Advising Association: The National Academic Advising Association (NACADA: The Global Community for ... association of individuals engaged in the work of academic advising . ...
Words and phrases related to 'Advising'
Advising Sample Sentences in News
- SGA bill proposes massive advising reform
In July, the Student Government Association Senate introduced the academic advising bill, SGAB-51004 Advising Reform and Graduation Success Act, that calls for UH to lower the advisor-to-student ratio on campus and allow for various requirements to be set in place in order to ensure that students receive quality advising. SGA President Charles Haston has met with Read more on this news related to 'Advising'
- Consumer Reports advises pregnant women to avoid tuna
In a new review of seafood safety, Consumer Reports is advising that pregnant women avoid eating tuna due to concerns about mercury exposure. Read more on this news related to 'Advising'
- Bond Funds Can Trump Individual Issues
Remember not long ago when pundits were advising people to buy individual bonds over bond funds because interest rates had nowhere to go but up? A basket of bonds performs the same as a bond fund if you keep reinvesting the proceeds. Sure, you have to pay a fund manager to make the selection for you, but fund managers can also get institutional pricing that indivi Read more on this news related to 'Advising'