Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Advising'
Advising Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Advise \Ad*vise"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Advised; p. pr. & vb.
n. Advising.] [OE. avisen to perceive, consider, inform, F.
aviser, fr. LL. advisare. advisare; ad + visare, fr. L.
videre, visum, to see. See Advice, and cf. Avise.]
- To give advice to; to offer an opinion, as worthy or expedient to be followed; to counsel; to warn. ``I shall no more advise thee.'' --Milton.
- To give information or notice to; to inform; -- with of before the thing communicated; as, we were advised of the risk. To advise one's self, to bethink one's self; to take counsel with one's self; to reflect; to consider. [Obs.] Bid thy master well advise himself. --Shak. Syn: To counsel; admonish; apprise; acquaint.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Advising'
- Academic advising: Academic advising, based in the teaching and learning mission of higher education , is a series of intentional interactions with a ...
- Advising bank: An advising bank (also known as a notifying bank) advises a beneficiary (exporter) that a letter of credit (L/C) opened by an issuing ...
- National Academic Advising Association: The National Academic Advising Association (NACADA: The Global Community for ... association of individuals engaged in the work of academic advising . ...
Words and phrases related to 'Advising'
Advising Sample Sentences in News
- Bankers Advising EBA Lambaste ‘Insane’ Liquidity Buffer Proposal
Bankers in a consultation panel advising the European Banking Authority criticized its intention to recommend that covered bonds not be given the highest liquidity status. Read more on this news related to 'Advising'
- JPMorgan received $11 mn fees for advising Co-op
JP Morgan received 7 million pounds ($11 million) in fees for advising the Co-operative Bank on its takeover of the Britannia, one of its top executives told lawmakers. Read more on this news related to 'Advising'
- FDA panel says Merck's allergy drug effective
(Reuters) - A panel of experts advising the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said an oral drug made by Merck & Co was effective in treating grass pollen allergy but expressed concerns about the drug's safety in children. The advisory panel voted 9-0 that available data supported the efficacy of the immunotherapy drug, Grastek, in treating Timothy grass pollen Read more on this news related to 'Advising'