Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Advertise'
- call attention to; "Please don't advertise the fact that he has AIDS" [syn: publicize, advertize, publicise]
- make publicity for; try to sell (a product); "The salesman is aggressively pushing the new computer model"; "The company is heavily advertizing their new laptops" [syn: advertize, promote, push]
- Advertise \Ad`ver*tise"\ (?; 277), v. t. [imp. & p. p.
Advertised; p. pr. & vb. n. Advertising.] [F. avertir,
formerly also spelt advertir, to warn, give notice to, L.
advertere to turn to. The ending was probably influenced by
the noun advertisement. See Advert.]
To give notice to; to inform or apprise; to notify; to make
known; hence, to warn; -- often followed by of before the
subject of information; as, to advertise a man of his loss.
I will advertise thee what this people shall do. --Num.
- To give public notice of; to announce publicly, esp. by a printed notice; as, to advertise goods for sale, a lost article, the sailing day of a vessel, a political meeting. Syn: To apprise; inform; make known; notify; announce; proclaim; promulgate; publish.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Advertise'
Product • Pricing Distribution • Service • Retail Brand management Account-based marketing Marketing ethics Marketing effectiveness Market research Market segmentation Marketing strategy Marketing management Market dominance Marketing process outsourcing
Advertising • Branding • Underwriting Direct marketing • Personal Sales Product placement • Publicity Sales promotion • Sex in advertising
Printing • Publication • Broadcasting Out-of-home • Internet marketing Point of sale • Promotional items Digital marketing • In-game In-store demonstration • Brand Ambassador Word of mouth • Drip Marketing
Advertising is a form of communication intended to persuade an audience (viewers, readers or listeners) to purchase or take some action upon products, ideals, or services. It includes the name of a product or service and how that product or service could benefit the consumer, to persuade a target market to purchase or to consume that particular brand. These brands are usually paid for or identified through sponsors and viewed via various media. Advertising can also serve to communicate an idea to a mass amount of people in an attempt to convince them to take a certain action, such as encouraging 'environmentally friendly' behaviors, and even unhealthy behaviors through food consumption, video game and television viewing promotion, and a "lazy man" routine through a loss of exercise. Modern advertising developed with the rise of mass production in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Mass media can be defined as any media meant to reach a mass amount of people. Several types of mass media are television, internet, radio, news programs, and published pictures and articles.[See more about Advertise at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Advertise'
Advertise Sample Sentences in News
- Radnor BOC votes to advertise $11.6 million purchase of Ardrossan Farm
The Radnor Township Board of Commissioners voted 4-2 Monday to advertise their planned $11.6 million purchase of 71 acres of Ardrossan Farm. Read more on this news related to 'Advertise'
- Google Adwords of Bitcoin - Advertise Your Bitcoin Business And Earn Bitcoin
Bitcoin businesses can reach their target demographic of passionate Bitcoin users easily with coin URL, and Bitcoin webmasters can easily monetize their traffic and earn Bitcoin. December 6th, 2013 /MM-BitcoinPR/ ... Read more on this news related to 'Advertise'
- Advertise with us
The Copenhagen Post is the only English-language newspaper in Denmark reporting Danish news. Read more on this news related to 'Advertise'