Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Adrift'
Adrift Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- aimlessly drifting [syn: adrift(p), afloat(p), aimless, directionless, planless, rudderless, undirected]
- afloat on the surface of a body of water; "after the storm the boats were adrift" [syn: adrift(p), drifting(a)] adv : off course; "there was a search for beauty that had somehow gone adrift"
- Adrift \A*drift"\, adv. & a. [Pref. a- (for on) + drift.]
Floating at random; in a drifting condition; at the mercy of
wind and waves. Also fig.
So on the sea shall be set adrift. --Dryden.
Were from their daily labor turned adrift.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Adrift'
- Adrift: Adrift may refer to: ADRIFT , a graphical user interface used to create and play text adventures. Adrift (book), a book by Steven Callahan, ...
- ADRIFT: ADRIFT is a graphical user interface used to create and play text adventures . The name is an acronym for "Adventure Development & Runner ...
- Adrift (Torchwood): "Adrift" is the eleventh episode of the second series of British science fiction television series Torchwood , which was broadcast by BBC ...
- Adrift (Stargate Atlantis): "Adrift" is the 61st episode and the fourth season premiere of the science fiction television series Stargate Atlantis . The episode ...
- Adrift (Lost): "Adrift" is the second episode of the second season of Lost and the 27th episode overall. The episode was directed by Stephen Williams ...
- Adrift (band): Adrift is a Tampa, Florida based American heavy rock band featuring Jack Owen , current guitarist for Deicide , formerly of Cannibal Corpse ...
- Adrift (2009 film): Adrift (À Deriva) is a 2009 Brazilian drama film directed by Heitor Dhalia . The film stars Camilla Belle and Vincent Cassel . ...
- Eyes Adrift: Eyes Adrift was a three piece rock supergroup consisting of Krist Novoselic (bass guitar, formerly of Nirvana ), Curt Kirkwood (guitar ...
- Open Water 2: Adrift: Open Water 2: Adrift (called Adrift in Australia, called Open Water 2 in Germany) is a thriller filmed entirely in Malta , starring Susan ...
Words and phrases related to 'Adrift'
Adrift Sample Sentences in News
- Coast Guard rescues adrift in water for 30 hours
PORT ARANSAS, Texas (AP) — A man adrift in Gulf of Mexico waters for more than a day after his fishing boat sank was rescued when the crew of a passing oil tanker heard his cries for help, a U.S. Coast Guard official said Monday. Read more on this news related to 'Adrift'
- During Man's 30 Hours Adrift, a Porpoise Gave Him Purpose
Joey Trevino was on a fishing trip when his boat sank ??? and he drifted away. Read more on this news related to 'Adrift'
- Coast Guard rescues man after 30 hours adrift in Gulf of Mexico
PORT ARANSAS, Texas — A man adrift in Gulf of Mexico waters for more than a day after his fishing boat sank was rescued when the crew of a passing oil tanker heard his cries for help, a U.S. Coast Guard official said Monday. Read more on this news related to 'Adrift'