Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Administrator'
Administrator Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- someone who administers a business [syn: decision maker]
- the party appointed by a probate court to distribute the estate of someone who dies without a will or without naming an executor
- someone who manages a government agency or department [syn: executive]
- Administrator \Ad*min`is*tra"tor\, n. [L.]
- One who administers affairs; one who directs, manages, executes, or dispenses, whether in civil, judicial, political, or ecclesiastical affairs; a manager.
- (Law) A man who manages or settles the estate of an intestate, or of a testator when there is no competent executor; one to whom the right of administration has been committed by competent authority.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Administrator'
- Administrator: Administrator (sometimes abbreviated admin) may refer to: Administrator (business), a person for the performance or management of ...
- System administrator: A system administrator, systems administrator, or sysadmin, is a person employed to maintain and operate a computer system and/or network ...
- Administrator of the Government: An Administrator (Administrator of the Government, Officer Administering the Government) in the constitutional practice of some countries in ...
- Diocesan administrator: A diocesan administrator is a provisional ordinary of a Roman Catholic particular church . consultors elects an administrator within ...
- Apostolic Administrator: An apostolic administrator in the Roman Catholic Church is a prelate appointed by the Pope to serve as the ordinary for an apostolic ...
- Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration: The Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration is the highest-ranked official of the National Aeronautics and Space ...
- Administrator of the Northern Territory: The Administrator of the Northern Territory is an official appointed by the Governor-General of Australia to exercise powers analogous to ...
Words and phrases related to 'Administrator'
Administrator Sample Sentences in News
- Scott administrator's salary bump exposes gaps
Scott County Administrator Gary Shelton is getting a 5 percent pay raise, but there’s some mystery about how such salaries are set. Read more on this news related to 'Administrator'
- Carol M. Browner, Longest Serving EPA Administrator, Joins Nuclear Matters
Nuclear Matters today announced that Carol M. Browner, former Environmental Protection Agency Administrator and former Director of the White House Office of Energy and Climat Read more on this news related to 'Administrator'
- Departing city official reacts to leaving his post
Gig Harbor city administrator Denny Richards didn’t think he would be leaving the city at the end of the year. Click to Continue » Read more on this news related to 'Administrator'