Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Administrator'
Administrator Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- someone who administers a business [syn: decision maker]
- the party appointed by a probate court to distribute the estate of someone who dies without a will or without naming an executor
- someone who manages a government agency or department [syn: executive]
- Administrator \Ad*min`is*tra"tor\, n. [L.]
- One who administers affairs; one who directs, manages, executes, or dispenses, whether in civil, judicial, political, or ecclesiastical affairs; a manager.
- (Law) A man who manages or settles the estate of an intestate, or of a testator when there is no competent executor; one to whom the right of administration has been committed by competent authority.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Administrator'
- Administrator: Administrator (sometimes abbreviated admin) may refer to: Administrator (business), a person for the performance or management of ...
- System administrator: A system administrator, systems administrator, or sysadmin, is a person employed to maintain and operate a computer system and/or network ...
- Administrator of the Government: An Administrator (Administrator of the Government, Officer Administering the Government) in the constitutional practice of some countries in ...
- Diocesan administrator: A diocesan administrator is a provisional ordinary of a Roman Catholic particular church . consultors elects an administrator within ...
- Apostolic Administrator: An apostolic administrator in the Roman Catholic Church is a prelate appointed by the Pope to serve as the ordinary for an apostolic ...
- Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration: The Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration is the highest-ranked official of the National Aeronautics and Space ...
- Administrator of the Northern Territory: The Administrator of the Northern Territory is an official appointed by the Governor-General of Australia to exercise powers analogous to ...
Words and phrases related to 'Administrator'
Administrator Sample Sentences in News
- Systems Administrator I
The Systems Administrator's role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. Read more on this news related to 'Administrator'
- Retired Leicester administrator could get interim post in Southbridge
SOUTHBRIDGE - Town councilors on Monday will vote on whether to hire Robert T. Reed, Leicester's retired town administrator, as a part-time interim manager to succeed Town Manager Christopher Clark. Read more on this news related to 'Administrator'
- Acting administrator named in West Milford
West Milford's governing body, acting in response to Township Administrator Nancy Gage’s pending January resignation, appointed Robert Casey to serve as its interim manager Wednesday. Read more on this news related to 'Administrator'