Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Administrator'
Administrator Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- someone who administers a business [syn: decision maker]
- the party appointed by a probate court to distribute the estate of someone who dies without a will or without naming an executor
- someone who manages a government agency or department [syn: executive]
- Administrator \Ad*min`is*tra"tor\, n. [L.]
- One who administers affairs; one who directs, manages, executes, or dispenses, whether in civil, judicial, political, or ecclesiastical affairs; a manager.
- (Law) A man who manages or settles the estate of an intestate, or of a testator when there is no competent executor; one to whom the right of administration has been committed by competent authority.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Administrator'
- Administrator: Administrator (sometimes abbreviated admin) may refer to: Administrator (business), a person for the performance or management of ...
- System administrator: A system administrator, systems administrator, or sysadmin, is a person employed to maintain and operate a computer system and/or network ...
- Administrator of the Government: An Administrator (Administrator of the Government, Officer Administering the Government) in the constitutional practice of some countries in ...
- Diocesan administrator: A diocesan administrator is a provisional ordinary of a Roman Catholic particular church . consultors elects an administrator within ...
- Apostolic Administrator: An apostolic administrator in the Roman Catholic Church is a prelate appointed by the Pope to serve as the ordinary for an apostolic ...
- Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration: The Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration is the highest-ranked official of the National Aeronautics and Space ...
- Administrator of the Northern Territory: The Administrator of the Northern Territory is an official appointed by the Governor-General of Australia to exercise powers analogous to ...
Words and phrases related to 'Administrator'
Administrator Sample Sentences in News
- Pasco administrator candidates get grand tour
ST. LEO - After a full day of tours and receptions, the four county administrator hopefuls will make their case today to succeed Florida's longest-serving county administrator. Read more on this news related to 'Administrator'
- Kingston town administrator candidates to visit
Six candidates to become Kingston’s next town administrator will be in town Thursday, May 30, to participate in on-site visits as the recruiting process continues. Read more on this news related to 'Administrator'
- Onalaska town administrator comeback unlikely
The town of Onalaska won’t be hiring a new town administrator any time soon, despite recent conversations about bringing back the position that was eliminated July 28, 2009. Read more on this news related to 'Administrator'