Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Adjudication'
n : the final judgment in a legal proceeding; the act of
pronouncing judgment based on the evidence presented
- Adjudication \Ad*ju`di*ca"tion\, n. [L. adjudicatio: cf. F.
- The act of adjudicating; the act or process of trying and determining judicially.
- A deliberate determination by the judicial power; a judicial decision or sentence. ``An adjudication in favor of natural rights.'' --Burke.
- (Bankruptcy practice) The decision upon the question whether the debtor is a bankrupt. --Abbott.
- (Scots Law) A process by which land is attached security or in satisfaction of a debt.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Adjudication'
Adjudication is the legal process by which an arbiter or judge reviews evidence and argumentation including legal reasoning set forth by opposing parties or litigants to come to a decision which determines rights and obligations between the parties involved. Three types of disputes are resolved through adjudication:
Adjudication can also be the process (at dance competitions, in television game shows and at other competitive forums) by which competitors are evaluated and ranked and a winner is found.
The relevant legislation in the UK is the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996, (1996 Chapter 53).
Claims adjudication in health insurance refers to the determination of the insurer's payment or financial responsibility, after the member's insurance benefits are applied to a medical claim. The process of claims adjudication, in this context, is also referred to as .[See more about Adjudication at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Adjudication'
Adjudication Sample Sentences in News
- Buffalo Grove may end court proceedings for some tickets
Recipients of parking, non-moving traffic and ordinance violation tickets in Buffalo Grove could soon have their cases decided by a village hearing officer instead of a judge. Village trustees on Monday discussed taking violations currently handled by the Lake County circuit court system and funneling them instead through a village administrative adjudication proc Read more on this news related to 'Adjudication'
The Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA) has urged the government to implement the much–awaited Construction Industry Payment and Adjudication Act (Cipaa) 2012 by mid-year as promised, or earlier than that. Director Datuk Sundra Rajoo said the new Act, drafted to provide a solution to cash flow-related problems in the... Read more on this news related to 'Adjudication'
- Aptiv Solutions Launches New Process for Management of Endpoint Adjudication
Streamlined process will improve efficiency and quality of data collection (PRWeb February 25, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/2/prweb11613252.htm Read more on this news related to 'Adjudication'