Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Adjudication'
n : the final judgment in a legal proceeding; the act of
pronouncing judgment based on the evidence presented
- Adjudication \Ad*ju`di*ca"tion\, n. [L. adjudicatio: cf. F.
- The act of adjudicating; the act or process of trying and determining judicially.
- A deliberate determination by the judicial power; a judicial decision or sentence. ``An adjudication in favor of natural rights.'' --Burke.
- (Bankruptcy practice) The decision upon the question whether the debtor is a bankrupt. --Abbott.
- (Scots Law) A process by which land is attached security or in satisfaction of a debt.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Adjudication'
Adjudication is the legal process by which an arbiter or judge reviews evidence and argumentation including legal reasoning set forth by opposing parties or litigants to come to a decision which determines rights and obligations between the parties involved. Three types of disputes are resolved through adjudication:
Adjudication can also be the process (at dance competitions, in television game shows and at other competitive forums) by which competitors are evaluated and ranked and a winner is found.
The relevant legislation in the UK is the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996, (1996 Chapter 53).
Claims adjudication in health insurance refers to the determination of the insurer's payment or financial responsibility, after the member's insurance benefits are applied to a medical claim. The process of claims adjudication, in this context, is also referred to as .[See more about Adjudication at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Adjudication'
Adjudication Sample Sentences in News
- Record adjudication rate at Dubai Court
Annual Report records 5% decrease in civil cases, 13% increase in criminal cases Read more on this news related to 'Adjudication'
- FCC Rejects CREW Petition to Deny D.C. Station Renewals
But holds open possibility of different ruling on any final adjudication of U.K. phone... Read more on this news related to 'Adjudication'
- Jury finds Occupy Gainesville member guilty of trespassing; judge withholds adjudication
More than a year and a half after dozens of Occupy Gainesville members were charged with trespassing after hours on downtown's Bo Diddley Community Plaza, the first case went to trial Wednesday. Read more on this news related to 'Adjudication'