Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Adjudication'
n : the final judgment in a legal proceeding; the act of
pronouncing judgment based on the evidence presented
- Adjudication \Ad*ju`di*ca"tion\, n. [L. adjudicatio: cf. F.
- The act of adjudicating; the act or process of trying and determining judicially.
- A deliberate determination by the judicial power; a judicial decision or sentence. ``An adjudication in favor of natural rights.'' --Burke.
- (Bankruptcy practice) The decision upon the question whether the debtor is a bankrupt. --Abbott.
- (Scots Law) A process by which land is attached security or in satisfaction of a debt.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Adjudication'
Adjudication is the legal process by which an arbiter or judge reviews evidence and argumentation including legal reasoning set forth by opposing parties or litigants to come to a decision which determines rights and obligations between the parties involved. Three types of disputes are resolved through adjudication:
Adjudication can also be the process (at dance competitions, in television game shows and at other competitive forums) by which competitors are evaluated and ranked and a winner is found.
The relevant legislation in the UK is the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996, (1996 Chapter 53).
Claims adjudication in health insurance refers to the determination of the insurer's payment or financial responsibility, after the member's insurance benefits are applied to a medical claim. The process of claims adjudication, in this context, is also referred to as .[See more about Adjudication at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Adjudication'
Adjudication Sample Sentences in News
- Tax evasion by fabric importers: Customs dillydallying to issue show-cause notices | Business Recorder
Adjudication department of the customs department is reportedly dillydallying to issue show cause notices to importers, who are allegedly involved in multi-million tax evasion in fabric imports through misdeclaration. Read more on this news related to 'Adjudication'
- Adjudication in Singapore set to reach new heights in 2014
The number of construction industry adjudications in Singapore in the first half of 2014 has risen significantly, continuing a trend which started in 2013, according to the latest data available from Singapore’s Building and Construction Authority (BCA). Read more on this news related to 'Adjudication'
- Weatherford recommande de rejeter l'offre par « mini-adjudication » de TRC Capital Corporation
ZUG, Suisse, 23 août 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Weatherford International plc (NYSE : WFT) a été notifiée d'une offre par « mini-adjudication » de TRC Capital Corporation concernant l'achat de jusqu'à 5 000 000 actions, soit environ 0,65... Read more on this news related to 'Adjudication'