Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Adjoining'
Adjoining Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : having a common boundary or edge; touching; "abutting lots";
"adjoining rooms"; "Rhode Island has two bordering
states; Massachusetts and Conncecticut"; "the side of
Germany conterminous with France"; "Utah and the
contiguous state of Idaho"; "neighboring cities" [syn:
abutting, adjacent, conterminous, contiguous, neighboring(a)]
- Adjoin \Ad*join"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Adjoined; p. pr. & vb.
n. Adjoining.] [OE. ajoinen, OF. ajoindre, F. adjoindre,
fr. L. adjungere; ad + jungere to join. See Join, and cf.
To join or unite to; to lie contiguous to; to be in contact
with; to attach; to append.
Corrections . . . should be, as remarks, adjoined by
way of note. --Watts.
- Adjoining \Ad*join"ing\, a.
Joining to; contiguous; adjacent; as, an adjoining room.
``The adjoining fane.'' --Dryden.
Upon the hills adjoining to the city. --Shak.
Syn: Adjacent; contiguous; near; neighboring; abutting;
bordering. See Adjacent.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Adjoining'
- Tree-adjoining grammar: Tree-adjoining grammar (TAG) is a grammar formalism defined by Aravind Joshi . Tree-adjoining grammars are somewhat similar to context- ...
- Parklands adjoining the Yarra River: Dogs are not permitted in parklands adjoining the river unless otherwise stated in special off-lead areas. Parklands: parklands that adjoin the ...
Words and phrases related to 'Adjoining'
Adjoining Sample Sentences in News
- Vega Mining Options 7,000+ Hectares Adjoining Imperial Metals' Red Chris Deposit in Northern British Columbia
Vega Mining Inc. is pleased to announce that it has entered into an option agreement dated February 26, 2014 with Pistol Bay Mining Inc. whereby Vega may earn a 70% interest in the Summit A&D properties ... Read more on this news related to 'Adjoining'
- MCL Land wins tenders for 2 EC sites
Two adjoining executive condominium (EC) sites in Choa Chu Kang Grove have been awarded to MCL Land (Brighton) after the developer submitted the highest bids of $232.5 million for Parcel A and $210.1 million for Parcel B, according to the housing board.Launched for tender on 16 December 2013, Parcel A has an area of 16,455 sq m and a gross floor area (GFA) of 57,5 Read more on this news related to 'Adjoining'
- Suspected Thornaby cannabis farms uncovered by landlord as he attended to fix broken window
Two adjoining terrace homes on Peel Street are believed to have housed a cannabis farm containing around 200 plants Read more on this news related to 'Adjoining'