Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Additive'
Additive Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- characterized or produced by addition; "an additive process" [ant: subtractive]
- designating or involving an equation whose terms are of the first degree [syn: linear] [ant: nonlinear] n : something added to enhance food or gasoline or paint or medicine
- Additive \Ad"di*tive\, a. [L. additivus.] (Math.)
Proper to be added; positive; -- opposed to subtractive.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Additive'
- Additive: Additive may refer to: Additive function , a function that preserves the addition operation. Additive inverse , an arithmetic concept ...
- Food additive: Food additives are substances added to food to preserve flavor or enhance its taste and appearance. Some additives have been used for ...
- Additive color: An additive color model involves light emitted directly from a source or illuminant of some sort. The additive reproduction process ...
- Additive inverse: In mathematics, the additive inverse, or opposite, of a number a is the number that, when added to a, yields zero . The additive inverse ...
- Additive function: In mathematics the term additive function has two different definitions, depending on the specific field of application. algebra an ...
- Gasoline additive: Gasoline additives increase gasoline 's octane rating or act as corrosion inhibitor s or lubricant s, thus allowing the use of higher ...
- Additive synthesis: Additive synthesis is a technique of audio synthesis which creates music al timbre . The timbre of an instrument is composed of multiple ...
- Additive rhythm and divisive rhythm: In music , additive and divisive are terms used to distinguish two types of both rhythm and meter . contrasted with additive rhythm, in ...
Words and phrases related to 'Additive'
Additive Sample Sentences in News
- Stratasys Objet30 OrthoDesk 3D Printer Selected by IDT Magazine as a Top-10 Technology Product for 2014
Stratasys Ltd. , a leading global provider of 3D printing and additive manufacturing solutions, today announced the Objet30 OrthoDesk 3D Printer was selected as the to Read more on this news related to 'Additive'
- Stratasys Opens 3D Printing Experience Centre in Toa Payoh, Singapore
SINGAPORE, July 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Stratasys Asia Pacific, a subsidiary ofStratasys Ltd. (NASDAQ: SSYS), a global leader of 3D printing and additive manufacturing solutions, is pleased to announce ... Read more on this news related to 'Additive'
- Additive Manufacturing Of C-103, A Niobium-Based Alloy, Taking Shape At MTI
ALBANY, Ore., July 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Metal Technology (MTI) has successfully 3D printed coupons in a key alloy required for space travel. C-103 is a niobium based alloy containing approximately ... Read more on this news related to 'Additive'