Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Additive'
Additive Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- characterized or produced by addition; "an additive process" [ant: subtractive]
- designating or involving an equation whose terms are of the first degree [syn: linear] [ant: nonlinear] n : something added to enhance food or gasoline or paint or medicine
- Additive \Ad"di*tive\, a. [L. additivus.] (Math.)
Proper to be added; positive; -- opposed to subtractive.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Additive'
- Additive: Additive may refer to: Additive function , a function that preserves the addition operation. Additive inverse , an arithmetic concept ...
- Food additive: Food additives are substances added to food to preserve flavor or enhance its taste and appearance. Some additives have been used for ...
- Additive color: An additive color model involves light emitted directly from a source or illuminant of some sort. The additive reproduction process ...
- Additive inverse: In mathematics, the additive inverse, or opposite, of a number a is the number that, when added to a, yields zero . The additive inverse ...
- Additive function: In mathematics the term additive function has two different definitions, depending on the specific field of application. algebra an ...
- Gasoline additive: Gasoline additives increase gasoline 's octane rating or act as corrosion inhibitor s or lubricant s, thus allowing the use of higher ...
- Additive synthesis: Additive synthesis is a technique of audio synthesis which creates music al timbre . The timbre of an instrument is composed of multiple ...
- Additive rhythm and divisive rhythm: In music , additive and divisive are terms used to distinguish two types of both rhythm and meter . contrasted with additive rhythm, in ...
Words and phrases related to 'Additive'
Additive Sample Sentences in News
- MPM to Launch New Additive at UTECH Asia
Momentive Performance Materials Inc. will launch Niax* flame lamination additive, FLE-500, at UTECH Asia. This product can help manufacturers meet strict fogging and emission Read more on this news related to 'Additive'
- Industrial CT Scanning Supports Additive Manufacturing/Rapid Prototyping
Reverse Engineering in Additive Manufacturing / Rapid Prototyping With reverse engineering applications, Industrial CT (Computed Tomography) is able to capture internal external part geometry for 3D printing, laser sintering and rapid prototyping applications. For additive manufacturing applications the dataset is typically translated to a point cloud/polygon bas Read more on this news related to 'Additive'
- Aerojet Rocketdyne Awarded Defense Contract for Large Scale Additive Manufacturing
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Aerojet Rocketdyne, a GenCorp company, was recently awarded a contract by Wright-Patterson Air Force Base through the Defense Production Act Title III Office for large-scale additive ... Read more on this news related to 'Additive'