Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Additive'
Additive Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- characterized or produced by addition; "an additive process" [ant: subtractive]
- designating or involving an equation whose terms are of the first degree [syn: linear] [ant: nonlinear] n : something added to enhance food or gasoline or paint or medicine
- Additive \Ad"di*tive\, a. [L. additivus.] (Math.)
Proper to be added; positive; -- opposed to subtractive.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Additive'
- Additive: Additive may refer to: Additive function , a function that preserves the addition operation. Additive inverse , an arithmetic concept ...
- Food additive: Food additives are substances added to food to preserve flavor or enhance its taste and appearance. Some additives have been used for ...
- Additive color: An additive color model involves light emitted directly from a source or illuminant of some sort. The additive reproduction process ...
- Additive inverse: In mathematics, the additive inverse, or opposite, of a number a is the number that, when added to a, yields zero . The additive inverse ...
- Additive function: In mathematics the term additive function has two different definitions, depending on the specific field of application. algebra an ...
- Gasoline additive: Gasoline additives increase gasoline 's octane rating or act as corrosion inhibitor s or lubricant s, thus allowing the use of higher ...
- Additive synthesis: Additive synthesis is a technique of audio synthesis which creates music al timbre . The timbre of an instrument is composed of multiple ...
- Additive rhythm and divisive rhythm: In music , additive and divisive are terms used to distinguish two types of both rhythm and meter . contrasted with additive rhythm, in ...
Words and phrases related to 'Additive'
Additive Sample Sentences in News
- MIT Professional Education Now Offers Additive Manufacturing: From 3D Printing to the Factory Floor Course
MIT Professional Education has added Additive Manufacturing: From 3D Printing to the Factory Floor to their Short Programs offerings. Designed for US and international manufacturin Read more on this news related to 'Additive'
- Additive Manufacturing Users Group Recognizes Excellence
Reebok and C.ideas take top honors in annual 3D printing competition. (PRWeb April 21, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/04/prweb11776415.htm Read more on this news related to 'Additive'
- Gary Rabinovitz Receives President’s Award from Additive Manufacturing Users Group
Award in recognition of years of service for the advancement of the users group. (PRWeb April 23, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/04/prweb11778797.htm Read more on this news related to 'Additive'