Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Additive'
Additive Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- characterized or produced by addition; "an additive process" [ant: subtractive]
- designating or involving an equation whose terms are of the first degree [syn: linear] [ant: nonlinear] n : something added to enhance food or gasoline or paint or medicine
- Additive \Ad"di*tive\, a. [L. additivus.] (Math.)
Proper to be added; positive; -- opposed to subtractive.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Additive'
- Additive: Additive may refer to: Additive function , a function that preserves the addition operation. Additive inverse , an arithmetic concept ...
- Food additive: Food additives are substances added to food to preserve flavor or enhance its taste and appearance. Some additives have been used for ...
- Additive color: An additive color model involves light emitted directly from a source or illuminant of some sort. The additive reproduction process ...
- Additive inverse: In mathematics, the additive inverse, or opposite, of a number a is the number that, when added to a, yields zero . The additive inverse ...
- Additive function: In mathematics the term additive function has two different definitions, depending on the specific field of application. algebra an ...
- Gasoline additive: Gasoline additives increase gasoline 's octane rating or act as corrosion inhibitor s or lubricant s, thus allowing the use of higher ...
- Additive synthesis: Additive synthesis is a technique of audio synthesis which creates music al timbre . The timbre of an instrument is composed of multiple ...
- Additive rhythm and divisive rhythm: In music , additive and divisive are terms used to distinguish two types of both rhythm and meter . contrasted with additive rhythm, in ...
Words and phrases related to 'Additive'
Additive Sample Sentences in News
- EuroMold 2013: The New-Generation System from EOS - The Key to Series Production in the Metals Sector
EOS, the German market and technology leader for design-driven, integrated e-Manufacturing solutions for Additive Manufacturing , presented the new EOS M 400 at this year's EuroMold . Read more on this news related to 'Additive'
- EuroMold 2013: New Plastic System EOS P 396 Reduces Secondary Processing Times by up to 60 Percent
EOS, the German market and technology leader for design-driven, integrated e-Manufacturing solutions for Additive Manufacturing , introduced the EOS P 396 production system for the manufacture of plastic parts at this year's EuroMold . Read more on this news related to 'Additive'
- Additive manufacturing gets Asian boost
Singapore's Agency for Science, Technology and Research ( A*STAR ) has launched the Industrial Additive Manufacturing Programme to develop a number of critical technologies in order to grow an internationally competitive additive manufacturing industry in support of the manufacturing sector in the country. Particular focuses include aerospace, automotive, oil Read more on this news related to 'Additive'