Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Additive'
Additive Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- characterized or produced by addition; "an additive process" [ant: subtractive]
- designating or involving an equation whose terms are of the first degree [syn: linear] [ant: nonlinear] n : something added to enhance food or gasoline or paint or medicine
- Additive \Ad"di*tive\, a. [L. additivus.] (Math.)
Proper to be added; positive; -- opposed to subtractive.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Additive'
- Additive: Additive may refer to: Additive function , a function that preserves the addition operation. Additive inverse , an arithmetic concept ...
- Food additive: Food additives are substances added to food to preserve flavor or enhance its taste and appearance. Some additives have been used for ...
- Additive color: An additive color model involves light emitted directly from a source or illuminant of some sort. The additive reproduction process ...
- Additive inverse: In mathematics, the additive inverse, or opposite, of a number a is the number that, when added to a, yields zero . The additive inverse ...
- Additive function: In mathematics the term additive function has two different definitions, depending on the specific field of application. algebra an ...
- Gasoline additive: Gasoline additives increase gasoline 's octane rating or act as corrosion inhibitor s or lubricant s, thus allowing the use of higher ...
- Additive synthesis: Additive synthesis is a technique of audio synthesis which creates music al timbre . The timbre of an instrument is composed of multiple ...
- Additive rhythm and divisive rhythm: In music , additive and divisive are terms used to distinguish two types of both rhythm and meter . contrasted with additive rhythm, in ...
Words and phrases related to 'Additive'
Additive Sample Sentences in News
- Research and Markets: Additive Manufacturing Opportunities in the Aerospace Industry: A Ten-Year Forecast
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Additive Manufacturing Opportunities in the Aerospace Industry: Read more on this news related to 'Additive'
- Air Products Intros New Tomakleen G-12 Additive
Air Products has introduced Tomakleen G-12 additive for hard surface industrial and institutional cleaning. Read more on this news related to 'Additive'
- Getting 3-D Printing and Next-Generation Manufacturing to the Factory Floor [Video]
The White House’s budget promises millions of dollars to build a solid foundation for additive manufacturing -- Read more on ScientificAmerican.com Read more on this news related to 'Additive'