Adamantine Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- not capable of being swayed or diverted from a course; unsusceptible to persuasion; "he is adamant in his refusal to change his mind"; "Cynthia was inexorable; she would have none of him"- W.Churchill; "an intransigent conservative opposed to every libera
- having the hardness of a diamond
- consisting of or having the hardness of adamant
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Adamantine'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Adamantine'
- Adamantine: Adamantine can mean: Adamant , mythical material adamant or adamantine. Adamantine Spar , mineral adamantine spar, a variety of Corundum ...
- Adamantine Spar: Adamantine is a mineral, often referred to as adamantine spar. It is a silky brown form of corundum . It has a Mohs rating of 9 ...
- Adamantine (veneer): Adamantine is a veneer developed by The Celluloid Manufacturing Company of New York City , covered by U.S. Patent number 232,037, dated ...
Adamantine Sample Sentences in News
- Beckett's letters to Barbara Bray: 'Hammer hammer adamantine words'
The third volume of Beckett's letters reveals the blossoming of his relationship with Bray, his companion, interlocutor and peer "If it is a trickle of sad phrases it is because I am sad and tired and coming to an end, don't talk to me for God's sake about the duty of happiness, do you want me to put on a black moustache and pad out my cheeks Read more on this news related to 'Adamantine'