Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Adamantine'
Adamantine Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- consisting of or having the hardness of adamant
- having the hardness of a diamond
- not capable of being swayed or diverted from a course; unsusceptible to persuasion; "he is adamant in his refusal to change his mind"; "Cynthia was inexorable; she would have none of him"- W.Churchill; "an intransigent conservative opposed to every liberal tendancy" [syn: adamant, inexorable, intransigent]
- Adamantine \Ad`a*man"tine\, a. [L. adamantinus, Gr. ?.]
- Made of adamant, or having the qualities of adamant; incapable of being broken, dissolved, or penetrated; as, adamantine bonds or chains.
- (Min.) Like the diamond in hardness or luster.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Adamantine'
- Adamantine: Adamantine can mean: Adamant , mythical material adamant or adamantine. Adamantine Spar , mineral adamantine spar, a variety of Corundum ...
- Adamantine Spar: Adamantine is a mineral, often referred to as adamantine spar. It is a silky brown form of corundum . It has a Mohs rating of 9 ...
- Adamantine (veneer): Adamantine is a veneer developed by The Celluloid Manufacturing Company of New York City , covered by U.S. Patent number 232,037, dated ...