Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Adamantine'
Adamantine Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- consisting of or having the hardness of adamant
- having the hardness of a diamond
- not capable of being swayed or diverted from a course; unsusceptible to persuasion; "he is adamant in his refusal to change his mind"; "Cynthia was inexorable; she would have none of him"- W.Churchill; "an intransigent conservative opposed to every liberal tendancy" [syn: adamant, inexorable, intransigent]
- Adamantine \Ad`a*man"tine\, a. [L. adamantinus, Gr. ?.]
- Made of adamant, or having the qualities of adamant; incapable of being broken, dissolved, or penetrated; as, adamantine bonds or chains.
- (Min.) Like the diamond in hardness or luster.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Adamantine'
- Adamantine: Adamantine can mean: Adamant , mythical material adamant or adamantine. Adamantine Spar , mineral adamantine spar, a variety of Corundum ...
- Adamantine Spar: Adamantine is a mineral, often referred to as adamantine spar. It is a silky brown form of corundum . It has a Mohs rating of 9 ...
- Adamantine (veneer): Adamantine is a veneer developed by The Celluloid Manufacturing Company of New York City , covered by U.S. Patent number 232,037, dated ...
Words and phrases related to 'Adamantine'
Adamantine Sample Sentences in News
- Hack Pauses Netflix for Sleeping Fitbit Users
Perhaps you're some kind of superhuman with an adamantine will, but the rest of us mere mortals have all fallen asleep while marathoning Netflix at some point. A team of enterprising programmers decided to save you from losing your spot by syncing up Netflix with a viewer's Fitbit fitness tracker to pause programs when the user conks out. The idea comes fr Read more on this news related to 'Adamantine'