Acute Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a mark ('') placed above a vowel to indicate pronunciation
- having or experiencing a rapid onset and short but severe course; "acute appendicitis"; "the acute phase of the illness"; "acute patients"
- of critical importance and consequence; "an acute (or critical) lack of research funds"
- extremely sharp or intense; "acute pain"; "felt acute annoyance"; "intense itching and burning"
- having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions; "an acute observer of politics and politicians"; "incisive comments"; "icy knifelike reasoning"; "as sharp and incisive as the stroke of a fang"; "penetrating insight"; "frequent pene
- ending in a sharp point
- of an angle; less than 90 degrees
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a mark (') placed above a vowel to indicate pronunciation
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Acute'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Acute'
- Acute: Acute may refer to: Acute accent Acute angle Acute triangle Acute leaf shape Acute tepal shape Acute (medicine) Acute (phonetic) Acute toxicity Acute
- Acute (medicine): In medicine, describing a disease as acute denotes that it is of short duration and, as a corollary of that, of recent onset. The quantitation of how
- Acute-phase protein: Acute-phase proteins are a class of proteins whose plasma concentrations increase (positive acute-phase proteins) or decrease (negative acute-phase proteins)
- Acute myeloid leukemia: Acute myeloid leukemia (AML) is a cancer of the myeloid line of blood cells, characterized by the rapid growth of abnormal white blood cells that build
- Acute accent: The acute accent ( ´ ) is a diacritic used in many modern written languages with alphabets based on the Latin, Cyrillic, and Greek scripts. An early
- Acute abdomen: diagnoses of acute abdomen include but are not limited to: Acute appendicitis Acute peptic ulcer and its complications Acute cholecystitis Acute pancreatitis
- Acute monocytic leukemia: Acute monocytic leukemia (AMoL, or AML-M5) is considered a type of acute myeloid leukemia. In order to fulfill World Health Organization (WHO) criteria
- Acute leukemia: Acute leukemia or acute leukaemia is a family of serious medical conditions relating to an original diagnosis of leukemia. In most cases, these can be
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia: Acute lymphoblastic leukemia, also known as acute lymphocytic leukemia or acute lymphoid leukemia (ALL), is an acute form of leukemia, or cancer of the
- Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis: Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM), or acute demyelinating encephalomyelitis, is a rare autoimmune disease marked by a sudden, widespread attack
Words and phrases related to 'Acute'