Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Acne'
Acne Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : an inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of
the skin; characterized by papules or pustules or
- Acne \Ac"ne\, n. [NL., prob. a corruption of Gr. ?] (Med.)
A pustular affection of the skin, due to changes in the
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Acne'
- Acne: Acne is a general term used for eruptive disease of the skin. It is sometimes used as a synonym for Acne vulgaris . several different types of acne: ...
- Acne Jeans: Acne Jeans is a Swedish denim manufacturer and part of the Stockholm -based design firm "Ambition to Create Novel Expressions" (ACNE). ...
- Excoriated acne: Excoriated acne (also known as "Picker's acne" or "Acne excoriée des jeunes filles") is a mild acne accompanied by extensive excoriation s ...
- Propionibacterium acnes: Propionibacterium acnes is a relatively slow growing, typically aerotolerant anaerobic gram positive bacterium (rod) that is linked to ...
- Neonatal acne: Neonatal acne (also known as "Acne infantum," "Acne neonatorum, and "Neonatal cephalic pustulosis) is an acneiform eruption that occurs in ...
- Acne cosmetica: Acne cosmetica is a term referring to acne caused by or made worse by cosmetics 240 The mechanism was presumably a chemical ly induced ...
- Acne medicamentosa: Acne medicamentosa is acne that is caused or aggravated by medication Because acne is generally a disorder of the pilosebaceous units ...
- Acne conglobata: Acne conglobata is a highly inflammatory disease presenting with comedones , nodules , abscess es, and draining sinus tracts 449 ...
- Acne fulminans: Acne fulminans (also known as "Acute febrile ulcerative acne 686) is a severe form of the skin disease, acne , which can occur after ...
Words and phrases related to 'Acne'
Acne Sample Sentences in News
- New FDA warning on popular acne treatments
Whether you’re a teenager or an adult, the most common skin condition in the United States is acne. Read more on this news related to 'Acne'
- Popular Acne Treatment can Cause Life-Threatening Allergic Reactions, FDA Warns
Over-the-counter (OTC) acne treatments are widely available and frequently used, but the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has warned that some may lead to life-threatening allergic reactions. Signs of an allergic reaction include tightness in the throat, difficulty breathing, … Continue reading → Read more on this news related to 'Acne'
- Pregnancy acne and home remedies
Pregnancy is a beautiful yet difficult stage in the lives of mothers-to-be. One of the downsides of this period is skin problems, mostly acne. Although some women don’t face any skin troubles, others must deal with painful and uncomfortable breakouts. Read more on this news related to 'Acne'