Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Acne'
Acne Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : an inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of
the skin; characterized by papules or pustules or
- Acne \Ac"ne\, n. [NL., prob. a corruption of Gr. ?] (Med.)
A pustular affection of the skin, due to changes in the
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Acne'
- Acne: Acne is a general term used for eruptive disease of the skin. It is sometimes used as a synonym for Acne vulgaris . several different types of acne: ...
- Acne Jeans: Acne Jeans is a Swedish denim manufacturer and part of the Stockholm -based design firm "Ambition to Create Novel Expressions" (ACNE). ...
- Excoriated acne: Excoriated acne (also known as "Picker's acne" or "Acne excoriée des jeunes filles") is a mild acne accompanied by extensive excoriation s ...
- Propionibacterium acnes: Propionibacterium acnes is a relatively slow growing, typically aerotolerant anaerobic gram positive bacterium (rod) that is linked to ...
- Neonatal acne: Neonatal acne (also known as "Acne infantum," "Acne neonatorum, and "Neonatal cephalic pustulosis) is an acneiform eruption that occurs in ...
- Acne cosmetica: Acne cosmetica is a term referring to acne caused by or made worse by cosmetics 240 The mechanism was presumably a chemical ly induced ...
- Acne medicamentosa: Acne medicamentosa is acne that is caused or aggravated by medication Because acne is generally a disorder of the pilosebaceous units ...
- Acne conglobata: Acne conglobata is a highly inflammatory disease presenting with comedones , nodules , abscess es, and draining sinus tracts 449 ...
- Acne fulminans: Acne fulminans (also known as "Acute febrile ulcerative acne 686) is a severe form of the skin disease, acne , which can occur after ...
Words and phrases related to 'Acne'
Acne Sample Sentences in News
- Acne pill benefits outweigh blood clot risk: EU agency
Europe's medicines watchdog said Friday the benefits of acne drug Diane-35, also widely used as a contraceptive, outweigh the risk of developing blood clots in the veins -- when correctly prescribed. Read more on this news related to 'Acne'
- EU watchdog backs Bayer acne drug for certain patients
LONDON (Reuters) - Bayer's acne pill Diane 35 and its generic versions are safe to use in certain women when other options have failed, the European Medicines Agency said on Friday. Following a formal safety review, conducted at the request of French authorities, the agency concluded that the benefits outweighed the risks - provided measures were taken to mini Read more on this news related to 'Acne'
- Diane-35's benefit as acne drug outweigh risks, Health Canada finds
The benefits of Diane-35, an acne drug that is prescribed as birth control, outweigh its risks, Health Canada says. Read more on this news related to 'Acne'