Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Acne'
Acne Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : an inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of
the skin; characterized by papules or pustules or
- Acne \Ac"ne\, n. [NL., prob. a corruption of Gr. ?] (Med.)
A pustular affection of the skin, due to changes in the
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Acne'
- Acne: Acne is a general term used for eruptive disease of the skin. It is sometimes used as a synonym for Acne vulgaris . several different types of acne: ...
- Acne Jeans: Acne Jeans is a Swedish denim manufacturer and part of the Stockholm -based design firm "Ambition to Create Novel Expressions" (ACNE). ...
- Excoriated acne: Excoriated acne (also known as "Picker's acne" or "Acne excoriée des jeunes filles") is a mild acne accompanied by extensive excoriation s ...
- Propionibacterium acnes: Propionibacterium acnes is a relatively slow growing, typically aerotolerant anaerobic gram positive bacterium (rod) that is linked to ...
- Neonatal acne: Neonatal acne (also known as "Acne infantum," "Acne neonatorum, and "Neonatal cephalic pustulosis) is an acneiform eruption that occurs in ...
- Acne cosmetica: Acne cosmetica is a term referring to acne caused by or made worse by cosmetics 240 The mechanism was presumably a chemical ly induced ...
- Acne medicamentosa: Acne medicamentosa is acne that is caused or aggravated by medication Because acne is generally a disorder of the pilosebaceous units ...
- Acne conglobata: Acne conglobata is a highly inflammatory disease presenting with comedones , nodules , abscess es, and draining sinus tracts 449 ...
- Acne fulminans: Acne fulminans (also known as "Acute febrile ulcerative acne 686) is a severe form of the skin disease, acne , which can occur after ...
Words and phrases related to 'Acne'
Acne Sample Sentences in News
- Acne goes Total Tartan for new capsule collection
Swedish luxury label Acne has unveiled a new tartan-tastic capsule collection packed with the classic Scottish pattern. Either way, Acne studios have revealed an exciting new capsule collection for women, celebrating the famed Scottish fabric, and using tartan patterns picked out from "irresistible archive findings" according to the brand. The tartan Read more on this news related to 'Acne'
- Yourwellness Magazine Reveals Secret to Stopping Acne
With a new skin imaging device potentially being able to help people track their acne using a smartphone, Yourwellness Magazine looked at the causes and treatments of acne. (PRWeb December 03, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/11/prweb11349041.htm Read more on this news related to 'Acne'
- Acne drug users need to know birth control options: study
By Andrew M. Seaman NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Women using a popular acne drug that causes birth defects need better information about how to keep from getting pregnant, a small study suggests. Isotretinoin - first marketed as Accutane - is one of the most effective treatments for acne. But isotretinoin is known to lead to severe birth defects. The iPledge progra Read more on this news related to 'Acne'