Acidic Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- being or containing an acid; of a solution having an excess of hydrogen atoms (having a pH of less than 7)
- tasting sour like acid
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Acidic'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Acidic'
- Acidic oxide: Acidic oxides are oxides of nonmetals. They can also be termed as inorganic chemicals that react with water to form an acid; or react with a base to form
- Glial fibrillary acidic protein: Glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) is a protein that is encoded by the GFAP gene in humans. Glial fibrillary acidic protein is an intermediate filament
Acidic Sample Sentences in News
- US shellfish industry at risk as oceans become more acidic
Increasingly acidic ocean conditions are threatening US shellfish populations, with the Pacific Northwest and Alaska expected to be affected first, and the Northeast likely to be hit the hardest, researchers said. Read more on this news related to 'Acidic'
- Naturally acidic waters of Puget Sound surround UW's Friday Harbor Labs
( University of Washington ) Two years of measurements in Puget Sound show that these waters naturally tend to be more acidic, with 13 to 22 percent of the unusual acidity due to human-driven climate change. Read more on this news related to 'Acidic'
- Acidic ocean poses high economic risk in NJ
The ocean is becoming more acidic and that's a growing issue for shellfish and those who make their living harvesting... Read more on this news related to 'Acidic'