Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Abysmal'
Abysmal Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- very great; limitless; "abysmal misery"; "abysmal stupidity"
- so deep as to be unmeasurable; "the abyssal depths of the ocean" [syn: abyssal, unfathomable]
- Abysmal \A*bys"mal\, a.
Pertaining to, or resembling, an abyss; bottomless; unending;
Geology gives one the same abysmal extent of time that
astronomy does of space. --Carlyle.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Abysmal'
- Abysmal Dawn: Abysmal Dawn is an American death metal band from Los Angeles, California . Their latest album, Programmed To Consume , was released in ...
- Abysmal Torment: Abysmal Torment is a Death metal band from Malta formed in 2000 consisting of Nick Farrugia - Vocals, David Depasquale - Guitars, Max ...
Words and phrases related to 'Abysmal'
Abysmal Sample Sentences in News
- Statehouse beat: The 2014 Legislature. One word: abysmal
CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- One word that best describes the 2014 regular session of the Legislature: abysmal.With the possible exception of the Future Fund, the Legislature did little to encourage businesses or families to relocate to the state.In fact, legislat... Read more on this news related to 'Abysmal'
- Sunil Gavaskar slams Team India for 'abysmal' work ethics
The Indian team's run of poor form prompted the former captain to criticise the players and question their "abysmal work ethic" in the ongoing Asia Cup. Read more on this news related to 'Abysmal'
- Abysmal work ethic has ruined India in Asia Cup: Sunil Gavaskar
Sunil Gavaskar and Nayan Mongia have slammed India's poor work ethics in the ongoing Asia Cup. Gavaskar said the concept of optional practice for players should be immediately done away with. Read more on this news related to 'Abysmal'