Abrupt Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- surprisingly and unceremoniously brusque in manner; "an abrupt reply"
- exceedingly sudden and unexpected; "came to an abrupt stop"; "an abrupt change in the weather"
- extremely steep; "an abrupt canyon"; "the precipitous rapids of the upper river"; "the precipitous hills of Chinese paintings"; "a sharp drop"
- marked by sudden changes in subject and sharp transitions; "abrupt prose"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Abrupt'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Abrupt'
- Abrupt climate change: See also: Runaway climate change and Avoiding dangerous climate change An abrupt climate change occurs when the climate system is forced to transition to
- Amanita abrupta: Amanita abrupta, commonly known as the American abrupt-bulbed Lepidella, is a species of fungus in the Amanitaceae family of mushrooms. Named for the characteristic
- Abrupt Point: Abrupt Point (66°54′S 56°42′E / 66.900°S 56.700°E / -66.900; 56.700Coordinates: 66°54′S 56°42′E / 66.900°S 56.700°E / -66.900; 56.700), also known
- Placental abruption: Placental abruption (also known as abruptio placentae) is a complication of pregnancy, wherein the placental lining has separated from the uterus of the
- Abrupt Island: Abrupt Island, also known as Brattöy, is an island 0.5 miles (1 km) across, lying 1.5 miles (2 km) east of Lang Island, east of the Oygarden Group and
Words and phrases related to 'Abrupt'
Abrupt Sample Sentences in News
- Another MRT-3 train makes abrupt stop
MANILA, Philippines--A southbound train of the Metro Rail Transit (MRT-3) on Friday morning abruptly stopped as its brake system went haywire. MRT general manager Roman Buenafe told INQUIRER.net in a text message that an MRT train made an abrupt stop shortly after it left the Ayala station past 8:21 a.m., causing passengers to fall like dominoes. The passengers we Read more on this news related to 'Abrupt'
- Understanding the Forces of Abrupt Climate Change
By studying African lake sediments from the past 20,000 years, scientists are learning more about abrupt climate shifts, advancing theirÂ understanding of changing weather patterns.Â In a recent paper published inÂ Nature Geoscience, Â co-author on an NAU assistant professor Nicholas McKay analyzes core samples from Lake Bosumtwi in Ghana. The isolated lake wa Read more on this news related to 'Abrupt'
- 'Abrupt end' to TV star's school job
Former TV weather presenter Fred Talbot's teaching career came to "an abrupt end" over a claim he indecently propositioned a schoolboy, a jury hears. Read more on this news related to 'Abrupt'