Abrupt Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- surprisingly and unceremoniously brusque in manner; "an abrupt reply"
- exceedingly sudden and unexpected; "came to an abrupt stop"; "an abrupt change in the weather"
- extremely steep; "an abrupt canyon"; "the precipitous rapids of the upper river"; "the precipitous hills of Chinese paintings"; "a sharp drop"
- marked by sudden changes in subject and sharp transitions; "abrupt prose"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Abrupt'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Abrupt'
- Amanita abrupta: Amanita abrupta, commonly known as the American abrupt-bulbed Lepidella, is a species of fungus in the Amanitaceae family of mushrooms. Named for the characteristic
- Abrupt climate change: See also: Runaway climate change and Avoiding dangerous climate change An abrupt climate change occurs when the climate system is forced to transition to
- Abrupt Point: Abrupt Point (66°54′S 56°42′E / 66.900°S 56.700°E / -66.900; 56.700Coordinates: 66°54′S 56°42′E / 66.900°S 56.700°E / -66.900; 56.700), also known
- Carex abrupta: Carex abrupta is a species of sedge known by the common name abrupt-beaked sedge or abruptbeak sedge. It is native to the western United States from California
- Abrupt Island: Abrupt Island, also known as Brattöy, is an island 0.8 kilometres (0.5 mi) across, lying 2.4 kilometres (1.5 mi) east of Lang Island, east of the Øygarden
Words and phrases related to 'Abrupt'