Abrupt Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- surprisingly and unceremoniously brusque in manner; "an abrupt reply"
- exceedingly sudden and unexpected; "came to an abrupt stop"; "an abrupt change in the weather"
- extremely steep; "an abrupt canyon"; "the precipitous rapids of the upper river"; "the precipitous hills of Chinese paintings"; "a sharp drop"
- marked by sudden changes in subject and sharp transitions; "abrupt prose"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Abrupt'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Abrupt'
- Abrupt climate change: See also: Runaway climate change and Avoiding dangerous climate change An abrupt climate change occurs when the climate system is forced to transition to
- Amanita abrupta: Amanita abrupta, commonly known as the American abrupt-bulbed Lepidella, is a species of fungus in the Amanitaceae family of mushrooms. Named for the characteristic
- Abrupt Point: Abrupt Point (66°54′S 56°42′E / 66.900°S 56.700°E / -66.900; 56.700Coordinates: 66°54′S 56°42′E / 66.900°S 56.700°E / -66.900; 56.700), also known
- Placental abruption: Placental abruption (also known as abruptio placentae) is a complication of pregnancy, wherein the placental lining has separated from the uterus of the
- Abrupt Island: Abrupt Island, also known as Brattöy, is an island 0.8 kilometres (0.5 mi) across, lying 2.4 kilometres (1.5 mi) east of Lang Island, east of the Oygarden
Words and phrases related to 'Abrupt'