Abrupt Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- surprisingly and unceremoniously brusque in manner; "an abrupt reply"
- exceedingly sudden and unexpected; "came to an abrupt stop"; "an abrupt change in the weather"
- extremely steep; "an abrupt canyon"; "the precipitous rapids of the upper river"; "the precipitous hills of Chinese paintings"; "a sharp drop"
- marked by sudden changes in subject and sharp transitions; "abrupt prose"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Abrupt'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Abrupt'
- Abrupt climate change: See also: Runaway climate change and Avoiding Dangerous Climate Change An abrupt climate change occurs when the climate system is forced to transition to
- Amanita abrupta: Amanita abrupta, commonly known as the American abrupt-bulbed Lepidella, is a species of fungus in the Amanitaceae family of mushrooms. Named for the characteristic
- Abrupt Point: Abrupt Point (66°54′S 56°42′E / 66.900°S 56.700°E / -66.900; 56.700Coordinates: 66°54′S 56°42′E / 66.900°S 56.700°E / -66.900; 56.700), also known
- Placental abruption: Placental abruption (also known as abruptio placentae) is a complication of pregnancy, wherein the placental lining has separated from the uterus of the
- Abrupt Island: Abrupt Island, also known as Brattöy, is an island 0.8 kilometres (0.5 mi) across, lying 2.4 kilometres (1.5 mi) east of Lang Island, east of the Øygarden
- Carex abrupta: Carex abrupta is a species of sedge known by the common name abrupt-beaked sedge or abruptbeak sedge. It is native to the western United States from California
Words and phrases related to 'Abrupt'