Abate Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- become less in amount or intensity; "The storm abated"; "The rain let up after a few hours"
- make less active or intense
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Abate'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Abate'
- Abate: Abate may refer to: A brand name for the insecticide temefos ABATE, a motorcycle and motorcyclist rights organization The Italian word for abbot and abbé
- Sant'Antonio Abate: For the saint, see Anthony the Great. Sant'Antonio Abate is a commune (municipality) in the Province of Naples in the Italian region Campania, located
- Sant'Antonio Abate, Milan: Sant'Antonio abate is a Roman Catholic church in Milan, Italy. The church is located on a street running parallel to Via Festa del Perdono. Built in Mannerist
- Sant'Antonio Abate (Pisa): Sant'Antonio Abate is an ancient church in Pisa, Italy facing the Piazza Sant'Antonio. It was founded in 1341 with an adjacent convent. It was nearly
- F.C. Sant'Antonio Abate: Football Club Sant'Antonio Abate is an Italian association football club located in Sant'Antonio Abate, Campania. Currently it plays in Serie D. The
- Emanuele Abate: Emanuele Abate (born 8 July 1985 in Genoa) is an Italian athlete competing in the 110 metres hurdles. In 2012 he twice improved the national record
- Thomas Abate: Thomas Joseph Abate III (born August 20, 1978, in Lawrence, Massachusetts), also known as Poverty, is a hip-hop artist and actor from the New England
- Abiyote Abate: Abiyote Abate (Amharic: አብዮተ አባቴ; born 20 November 1980 in Addis Ababa) is an Ethiopian long-distance runner who specialized in the 3000 and 5000 metres
- Ignazio Abate: Ignazio Abate (Italian pronunciation: [iɲˈɲattsjo aˈbate]; born 12 November 1986) is an Italian profesional footballer who plays as a fullback for Milan
Words and phrases related to 'Abate'
Abate Sample Sentences in News
- Hope Solo could be left off US World Cup roster
© (AP Photo/Darren Abate, File FILE - In this Oct. 20, 2013, file photo, United States goalkeeper Hope Solo pauses on the field during the second half of an international friendly women's soccer match against Australia in San Antonio. Read more on this news related to 'Abate'
- Swap meet brings motorcycle enthusiasts together
The ABATE Iowa District 14 held their 30th annual swap meet Saturday. Read more on this news related to 'Abate'
- Riksbank QE Bets Abate as Prices Fall Less Than Predicted
Speculation the Riksbank will need to turn to unconventional measures to push the largest Nordic economy out of deflationary spiral eased after a report showed Sweden’s consumer prices declined less-than-anticipated in December. Read more on this news related to 'Abate'